If you’re looking to evolve Gastly and Haunter into Gengar in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, there are two ways to go about it.
Back in Gen 1, Gengar was one of the most powerful Pokemon in the Kanto region. Now, even after 8 generations of Pokemon, the Ghost-Type is still proving to be one of the most popular choices for a trainer’s team.
Even Ash has a Gengar in the latest Pokemon series, and the powerful ‘mon was one of the few to receive its own Mega Evolution too.
Interestingly, it seems that Mega Evolution is in the Pokemon Legends files, suggesting that the feature could soon arrive. So why not get your hands on a Gengar just in case it does?
You’ll also need to catch every Pokemon in the game to find Arceus, it’s worth noting.
But that probably doesn’t include the 158 Pokemon supposedly coming as Pokemon Legends DLC.
How to Evolve Haunter into Gengar in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
To complete the Gastly evolutionary line, here’s how to evolve Haunter into Gengar in Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
As it turns out, there are two ways to evolve Haunter into Gengar in Pokemon Legends.
- First, catch yourself a Gastly or Haunter from the Golden Lowlands, Gapejaw Bog, Scarlet Bog, Shrouded Ruins, or Cottonsedge Praire in the Crimson Mirelands at night.
- You can evolve Gastly into Haunter when it reaches Level 25.
- Then, simple take Haunter to the Trade Point in Jubilife Village and send it to another player where it will turn into a Gengar!
- Alternatively, you can now evolve all Pokemon without trading in Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
- Simply purchase a Linking Cable fom the Trading Post in Jubilife Village and use it on your Haunter.
- Voila! You now have a Gengar.
Don’t forget that you can use this method to catch a shiny Gastly with ease! After all, a shiny Gengar has often been a heavily sought-after variant.