There’s a new trick that lets Pokemon Legends: Arceus players duplicate their Pokemon, including shiny creatures!
If you’re busy completing your Pokemon Legends Pokedex, chances are you’ve run into the odd shiny or two by now. After all, Arceus appears to be a lot more generous with its shiny Pokemon than past games in the franchise.
This could well be because the new open-world system allows players to spot shiny creatures before taking them on in battle.
But it’s also because this new easy shiny hunting method makes tracking down variants super easy in Pokemon Legends: Arceus!
Now, there’s even a way to duplicate select Pokemon altogether, including shiny Pokemon, in the new game.
How to Clone Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
Just like Mewtwo in the original movie, you too can clone Pokemon using the new Pokemon Legends: Arceus glitch.
What’s interesting is that this new method is the only way we’ve seen to duplicate shiny creatures in Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
However, there is also a trick that lets you swap shiny Pokemon for other shinies in Pokemon Legends!
The new clone glitch is easy to perform, simply follow these steps:
- First, find a shaking tree, rock, or chest in Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
- Send a Pokemon at it and a Wild Pokemon will pop out.
- Note: Get the Shiny Charm in Pokemon Legends for an easier time finding a special variant.
- Catch the Pokemon and then save the game.
- Now, head to a cave or nearby area that requires a loading screen without leaving the area. A good example is Verity Cavern in Obsidian Fieldlands.
- Then, wait 30 minutes of real time.
- After that, head out of the cavern once more and head back to the exact same rock, tree, or chest.
- Once again, the location should be shaking and the exact same Pokemon will be inside.
What’s remarkable is that the creature will be identical to the one you initially caught in every way. And if you manage to find a shiny Pokemon, you’ll be able to endlessly duplicate them to your heart’s desire!
In case you missed it, new leaks state 158 new Pokemon are coming in Legends: Arceus DLC soon! It seems that Mega Evolution may return in the future too.
Meanwhile, you’ll need to track down every Pokemon in the game before you can finally catch Arceus itself in Pokemon Legends!
Take a look at this new video guide by PhillyBeatzU to see the duplicate Pokemon glitch in action!