The shiny hunting fever is back once again with Pokemon Legends Arceus!
Shiny hunting is one of the most common and beloved activities for many Pokemon trainers. It is undoubtedly a prideful boast to throw a unique-looking Pikachu into battle!
But, this pastime is time-consuming, as the odds of catching a shiny Pokemon are extremely low. Additionally, the Pokemon you get are no different from their regular counterparts, except for a unique color palette.
Every new Pokemon entry introduces some changes to how shiny hunting works. Generally, each new game introduces a mechanic that changes how the odds of getting a shiny Pokemon work.
Also, those who love shiny hunting will be happy to know Pokemon Legends Arceus also includes some new mechanics to improve shiny hunting odds.
How to Catch Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Legends Arceus
Here’s how to get the Shiny Charm which will massively increase your chances of finding a rare Pokemon variant.
Then, with the item equipped, here are a few methods to help you track down a shiny ‘mon.
Make sure to also increase your shiny odds in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, by completing the creature’s Pokedex listing.
How to Catch a Shiny Pokemon Using Mass Outbreaks
- Go to an open area and wait for a Mass Outbreak event.
- As the Mass Outbreak event starts, save your game.
- Once the event begins, Pokemon will start spawning. As soon as you see a Pokemon in a slightly different color palette, catch it! If you need some with this, here is how you can catch a Pokemon in the Hisui region.
- If the Mass Outbreak is over and no shiny Pokemon spawned, just reload your last save file and try again
This method requires some patience, but it does increase your chances of getting a shiny Pokemon in Legends: Arceus.
How to Catch a Shiny Pokemon Using Space-Time Distortions
- Go to an open area and wait for a Space-Distortion event.
- Before the event starts, save your game.
- Once the event starts, go inside the dark area reserved for the event. As soon as you see a Pokemon in a slightly different color palette, immediately focus on it and catch it.
- If the Space-Time Distortion is over and no shiny Pokemon spawned, just reload your last save file and try again
- You can even use this method to catch all the Pokemon Legends Starter Pokemon!
Like Mass Outbreaks, this method can take some time and requires patience.
These are two proven methods that will increase your odds of getting a shiny Pokemon. Nonetheless, keep in mind that these methods still take time and dedication.
Speaking of dedication, catching legendary Pokemon always requires some of it! Here is how you can catch Darkrai and Shaymin in Pokemon Legends Arceus.