Pokemon GO is celebrating the release of Detective Pikachu Returns on the Nintendo Switch with an in-game event featuring the mystery-solving ‘Mon. Here’s everything you need to know!
Deecitve Pikachu is once again returning to Pokemon GO – and this event is bringing plenty of new content to the game.
In addition to a new Timed Research mystery to solve, players can look forward to updated wild spawns, a couple of great event bonuses, event-themed Field Research Tasks, and a new Collection Challenge.
Pokemon GO Detective Pikachu Returns Event Date & Time
The Detective Pikachu Returns event starts at 10 AM local time on October 5, 2023 and ends at 8 PM local time on October 9, 2023.
- Event Start:
- Event End:
Detective Pikachu Returns Event Bonuses
The following two bonuses will be active throughout the whole of the Detective Pikachu Returns event in Pokemon GO:
- Surprise Snapshot Encounters with Pikachu Wearing a Detective Hat
- These Snapshot Encounters are limited to one per day but Detective Pikachu will also be a wild spawn
- 2x XP for spinning PokeStops during the event
Detective Pikachu Returns Event Wild Pokemon Spawns
|Detective Hat Pikachu|
|Slowpoke Wearing a Hat|
New Research & Challenges
The Detective Pikachu Returns event is adding the following new Research and Collection Challenge for players to complete:
- Detective Pikachu Returns Event Timed Research
- This Research tasks players with tracking down a mysterious ‘Pokemon of Interest’
- Event-themed Field Research Tasks
- The rewards for these Tasks include encounters with Sudowoodo, Snivy, and Rowlet
- Detective Pikachu Returns Collection Challenge
All of these are only available until the end of the Detective Pikachu Returns event, at 8 PM local time on October 9, 2023. Make sure you finish them before then, otherwise, they’ll be gone forever!