A brand new update will hit Pokemon GO at the start of April!
Players will be treated to plenty of events and brand new Pokemon to catch, including new 5-Star Raids. There are also new features for Android users to look forward to.
April promises to be a promising month for Pokemon GO players. Despite the game approaching its 6th anniversary, there is still plenty of new content for players to enjoy.
Now Niantic is announcing tons of new features for the upcoming update.
Everything Coming to Pokemon GO in April 2022
There are brand new events heading to players with the new update.
It seems with the current focus on the #SeasonofAlola and springboarding off the previous event ‘the Lush Jungle’ players will be able to encounter even more Alolan pokemon with the new rotation of events, namely:
- Stufful, the flailing Pokemon – available for the April Community Day (April 23, 2022)
- Tapu Lele
- Tapu Bulu
- & More!
There are plenty of new events happening in this update to keep players entertained. From a celebration of April Fools day to rewarding players for sustainability there will be something for everyone this April.
The currently announced events are as follows:
- April Fools’ – April 1
- All-Hands Rocket Retreat – April 3 – 7
- Spring into Spring – April 12 – 18
- Sustainability Week – April 20 – 25
Exact details of what these events contain haven’t been announced yet, however a brand new Alolan Pokemon will be making its debut in the game during the Sustainability week event.
A new month means a new rotation of Raid Pokemon. This month seems particularly good for players with four powerful Pokemon featured in the 5-Star Raids this update:
- Tapu Lele: Available from March 29 – April 5
- Therian Forme Thundurus: Available from April 5 – April 12
- Tapu Bulu: Available from April 12 – April 26
- Therian Forme Landorus: Available from April 26 – May 3
Excitingly, Mega Raids are also receiving a rotation with four Mega Pokemon available for players to battle:
- Mega Charizard Y: Available from March 22 – April 5
- Mega Manectric: Available from April 5 – April 12
- And Mega Pidgeot: Available from April 12 – April 29
- In addition, a mystery Mega Pokemon will be available from April 29 – May 3
Raid Hours also bring with them new pokemon for players to encounter. Every Wednesday a Raid Hour will occur from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM local time.
The Pokemon that will feature in the April Raid hours are:
- Therian Forme Thundurus (April 6)
- Tapu Bulu (April 13 & April 20)
- Therian Forme Landorus (April 27)
Other Content Coming in the Pokemon GO April Update
Players looking to stock up on a Remote Raid Pass bundle will be pleased to know that every Monday in April, a one-time-purchase bundle will be available to purchase for 1 PokeCoin.
Alolan Marowak will be the focus of the April research breakthrough encounters from April 1 (1:00 PM PDT) – May 1 (1:00 PM PDT).
Certain Pokemon will also have spotlight hours every Tuesday in April from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM local time, allowing players to stock up on both Pokemon, and the bonuses they bring!
- Stunky – 2x Candy for transferring Pokemon (April 5)
- Bunnelby – 2x XP for evolving Pokemon (April 12)
- Oddish – 2x Catch Stardust (April 19)
- Sunshine form Cherrim – 2x Catch XP (April 26)
Finally, it seems that Android users will be able to use the Adventure Sync widget that iOS users have had for a while. The widget will allow players to track progress when hatching eggs without sacrificing battery life.
Overall it seems April will be a fun-packed Month for Pokemon GO players with new Pokemon to encounter and battle.
If you want to be prepared for all the battling you’ll be doing this month, check out our guide on the best teams in Pokemon GO for April 2022 here!