Looking to obtain every Eeveelution in the game? Here’s a list of all of the secret names and other tricks to evolve Eevee in Pokemon GO.
Pokemon GO has been on a wild ride since it launched in July 2016. Back then, the game went viral with just a single generation of Pokemon to encounter.
Now, in April 2022, almost 6 years on from the title’s initial launch, we’re beginning to get more than a handful of Gen 8 Pokemon in the game at last. And while Eevee initially only had 3 forms to evolve into, it now has all 8 Eeveelutions available.
Table of contents
- All Eevee Nicknames to Evolve in Pokemon GO
- How to Evolve Eevee into Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon – Pokemon GO
- How to Evolve Eevee into Espeon & Umbreon – Pokemon GO
- How to Evolve Eevee into Glaceon and Leafeon – Pokemon GO
- How to Evolve Eevee into Sylveon – Pokemon GO
In a main series Pokemon title, evolving Eevee is a process often involving an evolutionary item, or location. Several evolutions also require certain affection levels, or a time of day.
But in Pokemon GO, evolving Eevee is a much simpler process, thanks to the naming trick. This even lets players choose what Eeveelution they want to evolve into.
All Eevee Nicknames to Evolve in Pokemon GO
There are 8 unique nicknames you can rename Eevee to if you want a particular Eeveelution:
- Vaporeon: Rainer
- Jolteon: Sparky
- Flareon: Pyro
- Espeon: Sakura
- Umbreon: Tamao
- Leafeon: Linnea
- Glaceon: Rea
- Sylveon: Kira
To complete this find out how to change nicknames in Pokemon GO.
Warning: You can only use this trick once for each name, so be certain this is the Eevee you want to evolve before spending your Eevee Candy.
While it may be the easiest method, using nicknames isn’t the only way to evolve Eevee in Pokemon GO.
How to Change Nickname in Pokemon GO
- On the main map screen, tap the Pokeball at the bottom of the screen
- Tap ‘Pokemon’ to bring up all your caught Pokemon
- Tap on the Pokemon you want to rename
- Next to the name, you will see a pencil icon; tap it
- Type your desired nickname and tap OK.
How to Evolve Eevee into Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon – Pokemon GO
- Catch an Eevee and collect 25 Eevee Candy.
- Press the ‘Evolve’ button.
- This will evolve your Eevee into Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon.
- Warning: This evolution is random and there’s no way of controlling which Eeveelution your Eevee turns into.
Thankfully, the other Eeveelutions don’t evolve randomly.
How to Evolve Eevee into Espeon & Umbreon – Pokemon GO
- Pick an Eevee to be your buddy Pokemon.
- Top Tip: Use the Pokemon GO IV search filter to find a powerful Eevee.
- Walk with your Eevee for 10km.
- After you have walked 10km with it as your buddy it can evolve with 25 Eevee Candy into either Espeon or Umbreon depending on what time of day in-game you evolve it.
- Evolve at day for Espeon.
- Evolve at night for Umbreon.
While walking, why not check out what Pokemon are in the 12km eggs right now?
How to Evolve Eevee into Glaceon and Leafeon – Pokemon GO
- Have an Eevee you want to evolve as well as 25 Eevee Candy.
- Buy a Mossy Lure or Glacial Lure for 200 PokeCoins from the Pokemon GO item shop.
- If you want Leafeon, use a Mossy Lure on a PokeStop and evolve Eevee while standing next to the lured Pokestop.
- If you want Glaceon, use a Glacial Lure on a PokeStop and evolve Eevee while standing next to the Lured PokeStop.
Make sure to use our guide to earn PokeCoins fast in Pokemon GO if still need to save up to buy one of these Lure Modules.
How to Evolve Eevee into Sylveon – Pokemon GO
- Make Eevee your buddy Pokemon and earn 70 hearts with it.
- After you have earned 70 hearts, you can evolve your Buddy Eevee into Sylveon using 25 Eevee Candy
- Here’s how to earn Buddy Hearts fast in Pokemon GO so you can speed up the process!
Good luck evolving Eevee in Pokemon GO. If you want to easily keep track of your progress with Eevee as your buddy, make sure to install and set up the Pokemon GO Buddy Widget.
Also, make sure you know the fastest way to earn XL Candy in Pokemon GO. This will be extremely helpful if you want to power up your Eeveelutions.