As it does every year, Pokemon GO is celebrating the Lunar New Year with an in-game event in 2023!
This year’s Lunar New Year event in Pokemon GO begins at 10 AM local time on Thursday, January 19 and will end on Monday, January 23 at 8 PM local time.
Of course, like any in-game event, there will be limited-time bonuses for every Pokemon trainer to enjoy as well as a load of new Lunar New Year content for players to take part in.
As it is the year of the rabbit in the Chinese zodiac calendar, Pokemon like Bunnelby and Buneary will be making appearances. Plus, there are also plenty of Fire-type Pokemon to catch in the wild and battle in Raids during the event!
We’ve got a full rundown of all of the event bonuses as well as all of the content coming to the game in the 2023 Lunar New Year event below!
2023 Pokemon GO Lunar New Year Bonuses
The following bonuses will be active throughout the whole of the Lunar New Year event:
- Increased chance of catching shiny Darumaka
- Increased chance for Lucky Pokemon in trades
- Increased chance to become Lucky Friends
- Double Stardust for opening Gifts
- One additional Special Trade every day (maximum two)
- Trainers can choose bonuses from the Lunar New Year Timed Research
All of the New Content in the 2023 Lunar New Year Event
The 2023 Lunar New Year event is bringing the following new content to Pokemon GO:
- New wild Pokemon spawns
- New 7km Egg featuring event-themed Pokemon
- Updated selection of Raid bosses, including Regice and Mega Lopunny
- Lucky Wishes Timed Research
- Lunar New Year Field Research Tasks and rewards
There’s plenty more coming to Pokemon GO before the end of the month too! Check out the January 2023 Pokemon GO events schedule to find out all of the details.