Unfortunately, for those who wanted to get a PlayStation Portal from PS Direct before the end of the year, there won’t be more restocks happening this year.
PlayStation Direct has officially sold out on this highly coveted portable accessory for the remainder of the year. Before their last restock on December 15, the retailer had announced a drop in early December.
Now, that announcement has been replaced with new information on when the next PS Portal restock will happen. Keep reading and learn all about it!
PlayStation Portal January PS Direct Restock Announced
After a successful December 15 restock, PS Direct announced that the next PlayStation Portable drop will happen in mid-January.
Sony shared this information directly on PS Direct’s PlayStation Portable product page. The notice reads: “Not in stock? We’re working hard to make more stock available. Please check back mid-January.”
As per its last drop, the retailer did not specify an exact date, leaving us with just an estimation of when the next restock could happen.
Based on the previous drop, PS Direct never confirmed an exact date and provided only a time window. If this changes this time and an actual date is announced, we will update this article.
Tips & Tricks for the January Restock
Here are some tips you can consider for the upcoming restock:
- If no official date is announced for this PlayStation Portal PS Direct January restock, start checking daily after January 13.
- You can start checking early in the morning up to a few hours past noon ET. The last drop happened around 2 PM ET.
- These units go fast, and checking out without delay is paramount for success. Make sure your account is logged in and all your shipping and billing information is up to date.
- The restock only allows one unit per customer. Do not waste time trying to add more than one unit to your cart.
- Use a desktop computer instead of your mobile phone for this purchase if possible. It will be much easier to reload and type any information in case there is a checkout issue.