Pandemonium is an S-Rank Hunt that players will need to undertake once they reach the blighted shores of Ash location in FF16.
Due to his power, he is known as The King of Orcs. To fight him, players will need to bring plenty of potions and their strongest weapon to stand a chance.
Thankfully, you are not alone. This guide will break down the Pandemonium Hunt location, how to beat him, and the rewards players will obtain.
Where to Find Pandemonium Hunt Location
To reach the Pandemonium hunt location in FF16, fast travel to The Shadow Coast Obelisk in Wolfdarr, Kingdom of Waloed. Head up north from the obelisk and at the town, take the path on the left. This will lead you to a circular arena with two large doors.
The two large doors will open as you approach the arena, and Pandemonium will appear before the player. As an S-Rank hunt at level 45, only the strongest will survive against him.
The hunt becomes available after players have obtained the “Footfalls in Ash” main story quest. This will allow players to travel to The Shadow Coast and head straight to Pandemonium’s location.
Players will find this battle to be one of the most difficult ones they encounter in Final Fantasy XVI. Pandemonium is ruthless, but the rare materials he drops will help players craft some of the best gear.
How to Beat Pandemonium in FF16 – Strategy & Tips
After reaching the Pandemonium hunt location, players must avoid his powerful AoE attacks and stick close to him to defeat The King of Orcs.
Here are some valuable tips to use during your fight to help you defeat him:
- Avoid his powerful Rictus of Horror attack at all costs. You’ll know he is about to use it when you see a small red orb forming in his staff.
- This ability launches a huge beam at the player. It is easy to dodge at first, but if you are caught in it, you’ll take continuous damage.
- Use Precision Dodge to move out of the way when this ability charges up.
- When Pandemonium uses Sanguine Fields, you’ll see large red circles around you. Avoid these areas, and don’t get caught in one when the orb above them hits the ground.
- Use the Bahamut Eikon to do powerful damage with Gigaflare and Wings of Light.
- Since Pandemonium uses a lot of magick that is easy to dodge, it could help Wings of Light build its Megaflare attack.
- Use Shiva’s Eikon Cold Snap ability to freeze The King of Orcs and follow up with Garuda to stagger it.
How to Easily Defeat Pandemonium – Best Eikon Abilities to Use
The best Eikon abilities to use in the battle against Pandemonium include:
- Phoenix Eikon
- Flames of Rebirth
- Ifrit Eikon
- Shiva Eikon
- Ice Age
- Diamond Dust
- Bahamut Eikon
To do massive damage, stagger Pandemonium and immediately use Diamond Dust to reach the 1.5x damage multiplier.
Right after this, use Gigaflare and follow it up with a Limit Break to do incredible amounts of damage.
Pandemonium Hunt Rewards
After players complete the Pandemonium hunt in Final Fantasy 16, they will receive the following rewards:
- 15,000 XP
- 120 Ability Points
- Stained Loincloth (Rare Material)
- 20,000 Gil
- 50 Renown
The Stained Loincloth is a rare material that players can only obtain from Pandemonium and is used for The Sons of Ouroboros, one of the best pieces of gear in the game.