Don’t miss out on your shot at earning one million dollars in Fortnite this weekend as part of MrBeast’s Extreme Survival Challenge.
Along with the new skins for MrBeast in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1, MrBeast and Epic Games are hosting the Extreme Survival Challenge in Fortnite.
With a meteoric rise, especially among younger viewers, it is no surprise that Fortnite and MrBeast are planning more than your average collaboration.
Known for flashy displays of showmanship, it’s only fitting MrBeast put up a massive cash prize to win in his collaboration with Fortnite.
What Is the Extreme Survival Challenge in Fortnite?
The Extreme Survival challenge is a limited-time timed game mode in Fortnite, where players collect coins while avoiding hazards and completing challenges for one million dollars (USD).
After the challenge closes, whoever earned the highest “Score” in a single Extreme Survival Challenge match will claim the cash prize.
Your “Score” is determined by how long you last per minigame and how many coins you collect.
- By the end of the challenge, those in the top 100,000 players earn the Beast Brella Umbrella.
- And the number one highest-scoring player will earn a whopping $1 million prize!
The challenge island, which is essentially a custom map made by users, was created by team Atlas Creative.
You can play the mode as many times as you want. However, at the end of the challenge, only your top result will count towards your placement.
Fortnite MrBeast Challenge Start & End Time
The island launches on December 13 for practice rounds, and the challenge begins and ends on December 17, running from 12 PM to 3 PM ET (5 PM to 8 PM GMT).
Players can begin practicing the MrBeast’s Fortnite Challenge on Dec 13.
Challenge Start Times (December 17)
- 9 AM PT
- 12 PM ET
- 5 PM GMT
- 4 AM AEDT (December 18)
Challenge End Times (December 17)
- 12 PM PT
- 3 PM ET
- 8 PM GMT
- 7 AM AEDT (December 18)
How To Play the Extreme Survival Challenge in Fortnite
To access the custom island while it is active, go to the “Discover” tab and select it from the list of options.
However, there are several limitations, you must be over 13 to participate, have 2FA enabled, Good Standing (never banned or received warnings) on your account, and be at least Level 15.
- Open up Fortnite on your platform of choice.
- Select the game mode type on the right-hand side
- Then scroll down under the “Discover” tab till you see “Epic’s Picks”
- Then, select MrBeast’s Extreme Survival Challenge
To check your Account Level:
- Go to your “Career” tab at the top of the Screen.
- Your level is visible at the top right.
There are other limitations you can read up on in the official rules.
The challenge is available in all countries except Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and the regions of Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk. Those in Russia and Turkey are not eligible for the cash prize.
How To Enable 2FA in Fortnite
To enable 2FA in Fortnite, go to epicgames.com in a web browser, and under your Profile, navigate to “Password & Security” and enable 2FA, labeled “Two-Factor Authentication.”
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Go to epicgames.com.
- Sign into your Epic Games Account (this should be the same sign-in as your Fortnite account).
- Click your profile in the top right.
- Select the Password & Security tab on the left side.
- Scroll down and choose an authentication method by flipping one of the switches.
- Follow the prompts listed for your authentication method
Who Is MrBeast?
MrBeast is a YouTube star and philanthropist with a massive online following for creating videos where he gives away or spends large amounts of money as a part of fan challenges or other stunts.
This time around, the YouTuber is giving away one million dollars in Fortnite to any player that proves themselves worthy enough to take the top spot.
His main YouTube channel has over 118 million subscribers, making him the biggest individual creator on YouTube, with millions of followers on other social media platforms.