It’s official. Super Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch! Despite this earth-shattering announcement, Nintendo didn’t show anything other than a CGI trailer. However, we’ve done an in-depth analysis for the top 5 Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch trailer hidden secrets below.
- Breath of the Wild Link: One of the tidbits noticed by most people watching the trailer was that, when Link was shown, he had his Breath of the Wild design as opposed to his Twilight Princess design. This could just be a new visual change, or Nintendo could take the opportunity to give Link some new moves. After all, Link never had a Hookshot in Breath of the Wild, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect a new grab move at the very least.
- Splatoon Reveal Trailer: When the footage began rolling for the Super Smash Bros Switch, many people started guessing what it was. That’s because the footage of the Inklings shooting paint at each other was very reminiscent of the reveal trailer for Splatoon on the Wii U. That said, this variant was a much better quality despite coming out only four years after that trailer.
- Familiar Roster: One shot in the Super Smash Bros Switch trailer showed off the roster of characters wreathed in the flame of the Smash logo. They were all silhouettes, but it’s not difficult to make most of them out. Characters like Donkey Kong and Samus were there for the group shot. For those wondering if any of the silhouettes teased new fighters, we would say not. From the looks of it, the silhouettes are all characters who are mainstays in the series.
- New Smash Logo: After we get through the fiery Smash ball and the surprised look of the Inklings, everything cuts away to show off a brand new Super Smash Bros logo. We weren’t given a title other than “Super Smash Bros,” but the logo is very different this time around. Instead of having the fire and bright colors of the Wii U and 3DS versions, this logo takes a much more minimalist approach. While this could just be a placeholder until Nintendo has another logo to show off, there’s a chance that it could also mean that it’s much more than just a port of the Wii U version.
- Cappy Mario?: This comes more out of speculation than anything we saw in the trailer. As we know, Link is being redesigned to fit in with his Breath of the Wild design. We were also given a shot of Mario. However, it makes us wonder if the plumber will be getting a revamp as well. Could his appearance alongside Link’s redesign point to him getting Cappy to fight alongside him? There’s no definitive answer right now, but we’ll get an answer soon enough.
Those are the top 5 Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch trailer hidden secrets that we found. We’ll keep you updated as more information about the game comes to light. If there are any other secrets and details you noticed in the trailer that we missed, feel free to place them in the comments as well.