After months or speculation, the official reveal of Pokemon Let’s GO Pikachu & Let’s GO Eevee has finally happened. The information came through a Press Conference in Japan from the Pokemon Company as well as trailers on the official Pokemon YouTube channel.
Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee is a new role-playing game based on Pokemon Yellow and will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch. So far public reaction has been generally positive, but many hardcore fans are waiting for more details before they make their mind up. Let’s go through the main details of the game and previous leaks we now know add up.
Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu & Eevee Release Date
The game will be released November 16th, 2018 and exclusive to Nintendo Switch. Probably heading for a sell-out before the holidays. Back in April we reported a November / December 2018 release date for Pokemon Let’s Go, so this has turned out to be very accurate.
Pokemon Let’s Go Feature List and Key Details
- Yellow Remake – Pokemon Let’s Go reimagined to take full advantage of the improved hardware capabilities on Nintendo Switch.
- Choose Pikachu or Eevee as your partner (depending which game you buy). Each Pokemon Let’s Go version also affects the species of Pokémon that you encounter and the rate at which you encounter them.
- Catch Pokemon with the flick of your wrist using the Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con or with a button.
- Two player local “co-op” – Boosts your chances of successfully catching Pokemon and can help in battles against other trainers.
- Poké Ball Plus – A new accessory, which can be used in place of your Joy Con to play Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! See our full article on the Poke Ball Plus.
- Deeply linked with Pokemon Go (but not required). Pokemon originally discovered in the Kanto region that you have caught in Pokémon GO can be brought into these two new Nintendo Switch games. Future links will also be included but have not yet been announced.
- Ride Pokemon as a mode of transport, as known as ‘Poke Ride’. Only available on Pokemon deemed big enough to ride.
- The first 151 Pokemon, as well as their Alolan forms from Sun and Moon will be included in Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee.
- Online battling via Wifi and Local Wireless is included in Pokemon Let’s Go. You can battle other players but it’s confirmed that it will not be ranked.
- Pokemon Let’s Go Trading – Confirmed that you will be able to trade Pokemon between the Let’s Go games but only in one direction. Pokemon Bank is unconfirmed either way.
One feature not included on Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee is breeding and therefore eggs aren’t included.
Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu & Let’s Go Eevee Trailer
Either way, it will certainly be a good stop gap before an all new Pokemon RPG releases in 2019. Be sure to keep up to date with our latest Nintendo News. We also have insiders periodically leaking information so don’t miss our Pokemon News section.