Update – June 26: TheXclusiveAce’s video has since been removed from YouTube.
Original Story: Popular YouTuber ‘TheXclusiveAce’ has shared new details today regarding Call of Duty 2020.
The next iteration of the franchise is rumored to called Black Ops Cold War, developed by Treyarch. In XclusiveAce’s latest video, the YouTuber claims to have inside information about the upcoming title.
While leaks can be subject to change, XclusiveAce also notes that some of this information is from earlier builds of the game.
New Black Ops Cold War Details
Here are all of the new Black Ops Cold War details, according to XclusiveAce.
- Set in the Cold War era
- The codename for this game is “Project Zeus”.
- The official title is currently unknown, although previous rumors suggest it will be called “Black Ops” or “Black Ops Cold War”.
- They were originally targeting a release for the end of Q3. However, XclusiveAce claims that date has been tentatively pushed back until early Q4 (October/November).
- The Campaign is in a fully-playable state.
- Modes: Multiplayer, Zombies, Campaign, and Warzone.
- Standard Mini-Map is back. Modern Warfare chose to leave behind this traditional feature initially, although this doesn’t appear to be the case with COD 2020.
- There will not be a Fog of War system with the mini-map.
- There will be a new Call of Duty Warzone map that takes place in Russia.
- As seen in Modern Warfare, the compass will return in the next Call of Duty title.
- No mounting or leaning mechanic, but there will be sliding.
- Swimming is going to return.
- There will be some water within the multiplayer maps as well as the middle of the new Warzone map.
- Unlimited Sprint is back.
- No interactable doors, apart from in Warzone.
- Treyarch has developed 10 multiplayer maps so far, but there will presumably be much more in time for launch.
- There are no specialists.
- Scorestreaks are back.
- Automatic-health regeneration, health is 150.
- Standard player count is 6v6.
- Gunfight will not return.