There are 3 new Mysterious Items appearing around Ashika Island and by collecting them all and placing them in the right spot, players will be able to complete a new Easter Egg.
The newest Mask Easter Egg only appears on Ashika Island in Resurgence mode, and can grant players a free loadout among other fantastic rewards.
What Is a Mysterious Item in Warzone 2?
The Mysterious Item is one of three unique masks that appears on Ashika Island. These items can be obtained as part of a new Easter Egg that will provide players with a free loadout.
To successfully complete the Mask Easter Egg, players must gather all three Mysterious Items and place them on a Display Stand inside the castle.
However, Mysterious Items have randomized spawns, with five different locations available for each of the masks to appear in-game.
All Mysterious Item Locations in Ashika Island
Here’s where to find all possible spawns for the Mysterious Items in Ashika Island. Each mask has a number of possible spawns, which we’ve compiled in detail below.
Each mask can be found inside the areas specified below, but each match will spawn the Mysterious Items in one of their possible spawn locations at random.
Once you’ve got your hands on one, bring it to the Display Stand, marked by the yellow X on the image below:
The Red Mask will be found in Tsuki Castle’s main building, in one of these locations:
- The top floor of the building, on the computer desk.
- On the second floor by this desk to the west.
- On the second floor, through the door to the northeast, inside a red crate.
- On the ground floor, on a desk in the central room of the castle.
- In the building’s armory, off to the side to the right of the lamp.
The Green Mask will be found in and around the building that looks like an H, in one of these locations:
- In a small building next to the H-shaped building, on a chair just inside the door.
- On the bulldozer treads beside the H-shaped building.
- On a barrel at the northwest end of the H-shaped building.
- Hanging from the side of a locker upstairs in the H-shaped building
- On a wooden crate in the southeast room of the H-shaped building.
Kitsune Fox Mask
The Kitsune Fox Mask will be found in and around the castle grounds, in one of these locations:
- On the rim of the well.
- Leaning against the Sakura tree.
- On top of a wooden crate in the L-shaped building.
Where to Use the Mysterious Items
Players can use the Mysterious Items on a Display Stand in a small building near the main Tsuki Castle structure.
Once all three masks are collected, make sure you’re prepared before placing the third one down. After all, doing so will trigger AI to spawn in the same room as you, which must be defeated to complete the Easter Egg.
What Does the Mysterious Item Do in Ashika Island – Warzone 2?
The Mysterious Item is one of three masks that can be collected and placed on a Display Stand to give players a free Loadout Drop Marker and other helpful loot.
However, each mask has a random spawn so this is one of the trickier Warzone 2 Easter Eggs to complete.
Read More: Shredder From TMNT Coming to MW2 & Warzone 2
Mysterious Item Mask Easter Egg Guide
- Drop into a game of Ashika Island Resurgence (this is the only mode where the Mysterious Items will appear).
- Find and pick up all three Mysterious Item masks using our locations guide.
- Find the Display Stand in the building near Tsuki Castle’s main building.
- Interact with the Stand to place each mask on it.
- Kill all agents that spawn in the room as part of the ‘Final Test’.
- Once the last enemy is defeated, the Easter Egg will be complete and your squad will be rewarded with a Loadout Drop Marker and free loot.
Be sure to grab one of Warzone 2’s best meta weapon loadouts with your new loot and you’ll soon tear apart the lobby.
Many thanks to YouTuber GeekyPastimes for showing us how this Easter Egg is completed. You can see his full video guide on the Ashika Island Mysterious Items below: