To complete the Act 1 Tier 2 Interceptor objective of MW3 Zombies, you need to find and destroy a Mercenary Convoy and collect a Keycard to progress onto the next Tier.
However, it’s not as easy to find a Mercenary Convoy as there is no set location in Urzikstan where one may show up. You may run into some difficulty when trying to find one to take out.
Thankfully there are a few things to look out for to make your search for a Mercenary Convoy a bit easier in MWZ!
How to Find
To find a Mercenary Convoy in MWZ, you need to look out for three trucks driving on the road in your Tac-Map.
When close to a Convoy, you’ll get a radio message from an NPC informing you of its location nearby.
Here’s what to look out for on your Tac-Map:
There is no set spawn location for Mercenary Convoys in MWZ. However, we’ve had Convoys spawn almost right next to our location on more than one occasion, usually while driving around.
We found that they seem to spawn the most frequently on the main roads and highways along the outskirts of Zone 2:
Once you get the radio message informing you of the Mercenary Convoy and the three red trucks pop up on your minimap in the top left, the next step is to destroy them!
How to Complete
To complete the Destroy Mercenary Convoy objective in MWZ, you must kill all the mercenaries that are part of the convoy.
If your mission doesn’t complete, we suggest you destroy at least one of the vehicles, though our mission completed as soon as the last enemy was eliminated.
To finish off the Interceptor Tier 2 mission, you need to collect a Mercenary Stronghold Keycard dropped by one of the mercenaries you eliminated in the Mercenary Convoy.
Completing both objectives will reward you with the following:
- Bone Rattle Weapon Blueprint
- 3000 XP
Tips & Tricks
Follow these tips to help you take out the convoy in MW3 Zombies:
- Hop in a vehicle when searching for the Mercenary Convoy. This will save a lot of time rather than running around the map on foot
- You can find vehicles on the Tac-Map indicated by an icon that demonstrates their vehicle type
- Upgrade your weapon with a Pack-A-Punch machine
- Even in Zone 1, the mercenaries can be quite difficult to take down – getting at least one Pack-A-Punch upgrade will make this process a lot easier
- Find cover
- If you’re not careful, the mercenaries can take you out pretty quickly. Find cover to avoid getting shot as much as you can and make you’re aware of any zombies behind you!
- Squad up
- Playing in a squad will allow you to split up and find the Convoy a lot faster. Your teammates can also help significantly with taking out the mercenary enemies.