The Scorcher is a new Wonder Weapon within the Zombies universe, and players in MWZ will want to know how to get their hands on it.
One of the best assets of this gun is that it comes with unlimited ammo! Instead of requiring bullets, the ammunition recharges over time.
So, let’s dive into this guide on securing this weapon in-game and taking out hordes of zombies.
How to Get The Scorcher
To get The Scorcher in MWZ, you must:
- Roll one from the Mystery Box.
- Complete the Legacy Fortress.
- Complete Contracts in the High Threat zone.
These are the only ways to get your hands on this weapon. In MWZ, only the Ray Gun and Wunderwaffe DG-2 can be crafted.
The Mystery Box is the most straightforward method to obtain this weapon, as it only involves spending your Essence.
However, this will entirely depend on luck. There is a chance that the Mystery Box does not give you The Scorcher Wonder Weapon.
It is worth noting that the further you are into a match, the higher your chance of rolling a Wonder Weapon from the box.
You can locate one by searching for the icon, as shown in the image below, or looking in the sky for a glowing blue beam.
The Scorcher is a possible reward for clearing out the Legacy Fortress. Doing so is a three-step process that includes:
- Getting a Stronghold Keycard.
- Clearing out a Stronghold to acquire a Legacy Fortress Keycard.
- Taking over the Legacy Fortress and killing the Legacy Boss.
1. Stronghold Keycard
- The first step is to get yourself a Stronghold Keycard.
- This can be done by clearing and looting out a Mercenary Camp or by purchasing one for 2000 Essence from an item shop.
- Keycards can be found in all item shops.
2. Legacy Fortress Keycard
- Once you have the Stronghold Keycard, head to one on the map. This can be found by looking for the symbol in the image below.
- When you enter, kill all AI soldiers and search for the safe. Drill open the safe to get the Legacy Fortress Keycard.
3. Legacy Fortress
Before we begin, we recommend having a team of three, lots of perks, and Pack-a-Punched weapons, as this fortress is extremely tough to complete.
We also suggest having stun grenades and semtexes to take out the Riot Shield soldiers.
- Head to the Legacy Fortress, as shown in the image below. It is located in D2 on the map.
- Enter the central building with the keycard. The first floor will be full of AI, traps, and decoys, so work as a team to take them out.
- Next, head to the second floor, but look for the tripwire on the stairs and defuse it.
- Diffuse another set of tripwire on the door as soon as you get up.
- Go through the second door to locate more AI soldiers and the Legacy Boss.
- Watch out for Trip Mines, Trophy Systems, and other equipment.
- Kill all of the AI along with the boss to receive a Reward Rift.
- Check the Reward Rift to see if The Scorcher is the reward.
Getting The Scorcher is not a guaranteed reward for completing the Legacy Fortress, but there is a high chance.
The final way to get The Scorcher in MWZ is to complete contracts in the High-Level Threat zone. This is the area on the map highlighted in red.
The higher the threat level, the better the rewards you will receive from contracts. We recommend doing Bounty contracts as they are the most straightforward objective.
In High-Level Threat zones, you will need to have the following to be effective and have the best chance to survive:
- Minimum Gold Rarity Weapon with Pack-a-Punch Level 2.
- Tons of perks, including Juggernog.
- Three-plate vest.
If you do not have the above, killing Zombies and the high-value target from Bounty contracts will be challenging, and you may not survive.