MWZ players have discovered a way to get free guaranteed Wonder Weapon cases, which you can exfil with and use in future games.
Wonder Weapons are among the rarest and most powerful guns in MW3’s open-world zombie mode. So you will surely want to get your hands on them.
This method is not for the inexperienced player, though. It involves entering the Dark Aether, where the enemies can be much more challenging.
How to Get Wonder Weapon Cases
To get guaranteed Wonder Weapon Cases in MWZ, enter the Dark Aether and locate keys that can unlock particular doors.
Behind these doors is the chance of a Wonder Weapon case, which you can stow and exfil with for use in another game, or you can equip to wield the powerful gun instantly.
Not every location will have a Wonder Weapon, but if you collect all the keys and unlock the corresponding doors, you will always be guaranteed to find cases.
- Enter the Dark Aether
- To do so, you must collect four sigils and place them on the pedestals at the Dark Aether location in the Tier 3 zone. If you are unsure of how to do so, make sure to read this more in-depth guide on how to get these sigils.
- Once you are in the Dark Aether, head to all of the key locations
- Head to the areas which are depicted on the name of the key
- Unlock the door, and there is a chance of a Wonder Weapon case being inside
- If you have Death Perception on, you can see through the wall if there is a case on the other side.
- Once you have opened all doors and collected the Wonder Weapon cases, exfil so you can bring them in on the next game
All Key Locations
Here are all of the locations where you can find keys. There are four fixed key locations and four randomized key locations, which can offer a different key for each match.
- Al Bagra Officer’s Quarter Key – F4
- This key is located directly in front after spawning. Make your way down the road and onto the car park out the front of the fortress. The key will be located on the desk inside the building, to the right, when looking at the stairs.
- Al Bagra Barrack Key – H5
- To locate this key, you must head to H5 on the map and to the building shown by the red circle below. In the kitchen and on the table, you will find the key.
- Al Bagra Munitions Storeroom Key – B4
- This key is found on the far west side of the map, in the building circled below. The key will be found on a desk inside the office.
- A.B.F Antiquities Office Key – F6
- This key is found south of the fortress. You must head down the well by falling or using the zipline. The key will be found on top of a wooden box as soon as you are down.
- Spawn #1 – C3
- You will need to do the Friendly Hellhound Easter egg at this location. Place four pieces of Chunk of Meat inside the doghouse found in the area circled below. Once the dog spawns, the doghouse will explode, and a key will be on the floor.
- Spawn #2 & #3 – F5
- The second and third keys will both follow the same route. For this key, you will need either a Scorcher Wonder Weapon or to do parkour. If you have the Scorcher, use its jump boost to reach the top of the towers, shown in red below.
- To parkour, head to the top of the building shown in blue. Then, look towards the direction of the keys to find a floating vehicle that moves up and down. Wait for it to be at its lowest and jump. Continue this process until you reach the first tower, where the key is on the floor.
- The second tower can be reached through the same method. You must follow the steps above, but this time by jumping on the ambulance van. The key will be found on the floor of the second tower.
- Spawn #4 – F4
- The final random key location is found underground in an Infested Stronghold. The best way to get here is by going to the Pack-a-Punch machine in the center of the fortress and down the ladder in the corner of the grid.
- Once underground, you must destroy all of the spores. The final spore will drop the key directly in front of it. This means if the spore faces the water, it will drop it in the water.
All Unlockable Door Locations
Once you have the keys, you must know where to use them. It is also worth noting that Wonder Weapon cases will not spawn in each of these locations in MWZ.
Here is where all the doors that need keys to unlock are:
- Al Bagra Munitions Room – E5
- The Munitions Room key can be used in the building found in E5. On the bottom floor, two cells can be opened.
- A.B.F Antiquities Office – F5
- To find the Antiquities Office, enter the building directly behind and above the Pack-a-Punch machine. Upon entering, take the stairs to the right and then turn left to find the locked door on the right-hand side of the corridor.
- Al Bagra Barrack – G5
- Head to the building shown in red below. Enter through the door depicted in the image, and the locked door to the barracks will be directly inside.
- South Al Bagra Top Floor Bedroom – H5
- Make your way to the building shown in the image below. Go to the top floor to locate the locked bedroom.
- Al Bagra Officer’s Quarters – F5
- To find the Officer’s Quarters, enter the building directly behind and above the Pack-a-Punch machine. Upon entering, take the stairs to the left and then go through the door to take the stairs up one floor. Go through the left-hand side door, and the Officer’s Quarters will be directly on the right-hand side.
That is how you can get guaranteed Wonder Weapon cases in MWZ! If you keep going into matches and collecting these keys, you can get an infinite supply of Ray Guns and Wunderwaffes.