Call of Duty MW3 just got a new game mode with Season 1 Reloaded and Team Gunfight may prove to be one of the game’s best new additions.
Gunfight was a Multiplayer game mode first introduced in Modern Warfare 2019 where it became an immediate smash-hit. In the original 2v2 game mode, duos had to work together to eliminate both enemy players, or capture the Overtime Flag if the round continues for too long.
Now, Team Gunfight is here, and it expands upon the original concept for the mode, while adding the ability to play on full-size Multiplayer maps.
What Is Team Gunfight?
Team Gunfight is a MW3 mode that was introduced on Wednesday, January 24, 2024 as part of Season 1 Reloaded.
The mode is very similar to regular Gunfight, where two teams face off in a series of 40-second rounds with no respawning permitted.
However, unlike Gunfight’s 2v2 format, Team Gunfight is 6v6 and takes place on standard-size Multiplayer maps.
Every player will spawn with the same randomized loadout each round, ensuring that all users are on identical footing.
A team can win a round by eliminating all players on the opposing team, or by capturing the Overtime Flag when it spawns.
Health regeneration is disabled in Team Gunfight, and if neither team captures the Overtime Flag when time runs out, the round winner will be the team with the most health remaining overall.
The first team to win 6 rounds will win the entire match.
Team Gunfight can be played on the following maps in MW3:
- Sub Base
Tips for Winning Team Gunfight
- Like in regular Gunfight, teamwork is key
- Controlling the map is important but be sure to stick close to your team members rather than going off alone
- By checking corners with an ally, one player can trade kills with the enemy even if their teammate dies
- Watch for enemy flanking attempts – or attempt your own
- Unlike in regular Gunfight, Team Gunfight takes place on full 6v6 maps. That means there are plenty of opportunities for enemies to sneak around and come at you from unexpected directions
- Switch up your approach
- In this first-to-six format, you may find yourself wanting to attempt the same strategy as last round, particularly if you just won. But the enemy will likely be waiting for you to try that tactic again, so why not be somewhere they don’t expect instead?
- Bait the Overtime Flag
- Once the Overtime Flag spawns, the team that has less health has to be the one to take it, or they’ll lose the round
- As such, let your enemies attempt the capture first, giving away their position in the process
- Communicate with your team
- Comms are important in Gunfight, and Team Gunfight is no exception!
- If you’re not playing with friends, consider joining Voice Chat even if you normally prefer to go it solo. It’ll make all the difference in those clutch moments