The MW2 and Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded update brings with it a number of nerfs and buffs to beloved weapons. Here’s everything you need to know.
Alongside a brand-new raid, Warzone 2 modes, and more, Season 1 Reloaded is also implementing a number of changes to weapons.
Fans can expect to see some of their favorite weapons either buffed or nerfed, with Shotguns and the Riot Shield affected the most.
All Weapon Buffs in MW2 & Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded
Several weapons are getting buffed in the Season 1 Reloaded update, including the Kastov 545, MX9, VEL 46, Basilisk, .50 GS, Expedite 12, Riot Shield, and JOKR.
These buffs improve certain weapons’ damage multipliers, overall stats on attachments, enable certain attachments to be equipped, and more.
Here is every weapon buff in the MW2 and Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded update:
- Increased muzzle velocity
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increase close damage
- Increase chest damage multiplier
- Increased movement speed, ADS speed, and sprint-to-fire speed on the 32-round magazine
- Reduced hip spread
- Increased movement speed
- Increased far damage
- Additional muzzle attachment usage on the FTAC ARROW barrel: LOCKSHOT KT85, SA LEVELER 55, and CRONEN DARK KX30
- Reduced hip spread
- Increased 1-hit headshot range
- Increased damage range
- Increased neck and upper shoulder location damage multipliers
- Increased bullet velocity
- Increased damage range on SA LONGSHOT – 50 and SA TYRANT FIFTY barrel
- Added guard category & following attachments:
- TV CF40 Guard
- AZ-40 Shotguard
- AZAROV T15
- Shield movement animation improvement
- Missiles no longer land out of bounds when targeting a wall on the edge of a map
- Improved the thermal readability when aiming in
If your favorite weapon was buffed, then why not bring it into the brand-new Mini Royale mode in Warzone 2?
All Weapon Nerfs in MW2 & Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded
There are a handful of weapons being nerfed across both MW2 and Warzone 2 in Season 1 Reloaded. These include the Akimbo P890, X12, Basilisk, .50 GS, M13B, Kastov-74u, and Riot Shield.
Additionally, damage is being nerfed across the board for some of these weapons while the number of hits required to kill an enemy is increasing.
Here is every weapon nerf in the MW2 and Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded update:
- Akimbo P890, X12, Basilisk, and .50 GS have received a damage reduction against armored opponents
- Shotguns can no longer kill fully armored players in one shot
- Blocking underbarrel launcher and shotgun on 7″ Bruen B-M20 barrel
- Small reduction to close damage; three hits to kill requires at least one chest hit
- Blocking Basilisk compensators and flash hider on the FTAC ARROW barrel
- Reduced movement speed
- Reduced melee damage to 3 hit kill
- Longer switch time pulling out throwing knife when riot shield is equipped
The Riot Shield has been nerfed just in time for Shipment.
Of course, while some of these weapon nerfs may come as a disappointment, there are still plenty of new things coming to MW2 and Warzone 2 in Season 1 Reloaded.
You can also check out other changes made to Warzone 2 and MW2 in the official Season 1 Reloaded patch notes.