Here’s when Call of Duty MW2 & Warzone 2 will be dropping the eagerly-awaited Season 1 Reloaded update, with new content, weapon balancing, and more!
Modern Warfare 2 is already the best-selling game of the year in the US, but the title clearly needs a lot of work. Hopefully, the Season 1 update brings some much-needed stability to the game, as well as the exciting new content Infinity Ward has in store for us.
On top of that, while Warzone 2 has been hugely successful, the Battle Royale also needs some major changes.
Right now, Al Mazrah is a little too buggy, with inconsistent TTK and some game-breaking glitches spoiling the fun.
Thankfully, Season 1 Reloaded is just around the corner.
MW2 & Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded Release Date
Call of Duty Warzone 2 and MW2 Season 1 Reloaded will go live on December 14, exactly 4 weeks after the start of Season 1.
This update signifies the middle of the game’s premiere season, and will bring new content, bug fixes, and weapon balancing to both Call of Duty’s newest multiplayer and Battle Royale.
Thankfully, it seems that the new update is already nerfing Call of Duty’s most Pay to Win skin – and those who bought it aren’t happy!
Warzone 2 & MW2 Season 1 Reloaded Release Time
Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 will have their Season 1 Reloaded update go live on December 14 at the following times:
- 10 AM PT (California / West Coast)
- 12 PM CT (Illinois)
- 1 PM ET (New York)
- 6 PM GMT (UK)
- 7 PM CEST (Central Europe)
- 9 PM MSK (Moscow)
- 11:30 PM IST (India)
- 2 AM CST (China) – Dec 15
- 3 AM JST (Japan) – Dec 15
- 5 AM AEDT (Australia) – Dec 15
- 7 AM NZDT (New Zealand) – Dec 15
Here’s everything that’s coming in MW2 & Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded – from new weapons to maps and even Raids!
Warzone 2 / MW2 Season 1 Reloaded Countdown
Warzone 2 and MW2 will release their Season 1 Reloaded update in . Since the update has a global release time, this countdown is accurate no matter where you are in the world.
There should be no downtime for this update.
Don’t forget that there’s a new Double XP event for Warzone and MW2 dropping to celebrate the major update!
How to Pre-Load Warzone 2 & MW2 Season 1 Reloaded
A pre-load for Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Season 1 Reloaded is now live, and claims it can be installed at December 14 at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET – an hour before the update releases. Here’s how to pre-load the major update on all platforms:
How to Pre-Load on PS4/PS5
- Find the Modern Warfare 2 icon on the PlayStation home screen
- Press Options on the DualSense controller
- Select Check for Update
- If a pre-load is available, the game will automatically download it
How to Pre-Load on Xbox
- Find your Modern Warfare 2 icon on the Xbox home screen
- Press Menu on the Xbox controller
- Select Manage Game and Add-ons
- Choose Updates
- If a pre-load is available, the game should automatically download it
How to Pre-Load on Steam
- Open Steam
- Head to Library
- Find Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 in your games list
- Right-click on the game’s name and select Properties
- From the Updates menu, make sure Automatic Updates is set to ‘Always keep this game updated‘
How to Pre-Load on Battle.net
- Open Battle.net Launcher
- Find Modern Warfare 2 from your Games list
- Click the Options gear next to the blue play button in the bottom left of the launcher
- Select Check for Updates
We can only hope that Season 1 Reloaded shapes up to be a fantastic update. After all, right now Warzone 2’s damage is completely broken, as proven by some recent testing!
And although we don’t think it’s coming anytime soon, did you know that Plunder just leaked inside Warzone 2 for the first time?