Here is the distance required for a longshot kill for every weapon type in MW2 and Warzone 2:
- Assault Rifle – 37.5 Meters
- SMG – 30 Meters
- Sniper Rifle – 50 Meters
- Shotgun – 12.5 Meters
- LMG – 37.5 Meters
- Marksman Rifle – 37.5 Meters
- Handgun – 20 Meters
For a kill to count as a long shot for each weapon, that is the minimum distance you need to be from your target.
It is worth noting that the number of attachments equipped on a weapon will never affect longshot distance. So it won’t affect you if you’re looking to use one of the meta loadouts to obtain these longshots.
How to See Longshot Distance in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2
Players can see the distance to their target using the XTEN Angel-40 Optic scope attachment viewfinder for their weapons.
Equip the scope as an attachment and aim down the sights to see the exact distance from the target your crosshairs are pointed towards.
This is helpful when farming longshot weapon kills to unlock some of the camos in Modern Warfare 2.
Why Are Longshots Important?
Longshots are a requirement for any player looking to grind their camos to Orion. It can be grueling and frustrating, but it doesn’t have to be.
The first thing you need to understand about longshots is that every weapon has a different longshot distance.
So for any player looking to fully unlock all the challenges and camos in Modern Warfare 2, longshots are something they need to become familiar with.
Easiest Way to Get Longshots in MW2 & Warzone 2
The easiest way to get longshots in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 is to equip your weapon with the XTEN Angel-40 optic (Angel-40 4.8x for snipers). This optic features a target range indicator that displays how far away you are from a target.
Every class has access to the XTEN Angel-40 optic, thanks to the new weapon platform system in the Gunsmith 2.0.
Sniper Rifles have their own optic called the Angel-40 4.8x that serves the same purpose and has a target range indicator.
Here is how you unlock both of these optics:
- XTEN Angel-40 – Unlocked by leveling TAQ-M to Level 11
- Angel-40 4.8x – Unlocked by leveling RAAL MG to Level 6
Best Mode & Spots for Longshots in Every MW2 Map
The best mode to farm longshots in is Domination due to the static points that enemies must defend. Here are the best spots to obtain longshots in every Modern Warfare 2 map:
- Al Bagra Fortress – In the Courtyard by the large door that overlooks the C flag. Mount your weapon and point your crosshairs toward the door directly in front of the C flag.
- Breenbergh Hotel – Slightly past the Rooftop, in the area that overlooks the Bar. Mount your weapon on the railway and aim towards where the C objective is located. Enemies will come through that hallway or even race up the stairs.
- Crown Raceway – In the Pit Entry section of the map, facing B Flag, you have a clear view of the road. This way, it’s easy to pick off players either defending B or trying to take it away from you.
- El Asilo – In the Guest House overlooking Soccer Field. This may seem a bit far from the Flags, but there are various paths players often use during domination. Keep an eye on the roof to your left, the door in the same area, and the arch directly in front of you.
- Embassy – Somewhere on the east side of the map in the G and H columns. Head to the Front Gate and aim down toward the tennis court. Eventually, enemies will appear from the other side near the flag.
- Farm 18 – This isn’t the best map for long shots due to how close all the objectives are, but if we were to choose one spot, it would have to be North Street overlooking Flag A. Aim towards Flag A and watch players that are coming from your left side. This is near a popular spawn, so you’ll need to watch the small firing range often.
- Mercado Las Almas – The best spot here to get long shots is in the Red Tarps, aiming directly down the main lane of the map. You want to try and catch players coming directly from C Flag.
- Santa Sena Border Crossing –We recommend not doing longshots in Santa Sena Border Crossing due to how many obstructions there are around the map. The best way is to use both Covered Walkways on both sides of the map.
- Taraq – Taraq might be one of the easiest maps to get longshots in because it is open. We recommend putting up camp in Barber Shop that overlooks Flag A. Here you have a window to observe the map from and even a few to the eastern side of the map.
- Zarqwa Hydroelectric – This is another small map with small openings for long shots. We recommend making your way to B Flag and aiming towards A Flag. This is the most open area on the map, and you can easily catch enemies coming towards B Flag.