Every Perk in MW2 allows players to customize their playstyle while providing an added boost in specific areas.
Perks have always been a fundamental part of multiplayer in Call of Duty. In MW2, this still rings true. However, the way Perks function has fundamentally changed.
You’ll need to understand how Base, Bonus, and Ultimate Slots work and why Perk Packages are essential.
Every Base Perk in MW2
There are a total of 8 different Base Perks that you’ll be able to equip into your Perk Package. They are active as soon as you start a match.
These Base Perks include:
- Overkill – Equip two primary weapons in your loadout.
- Double Time – Double the duration of your Tactical Sprint. Increases your crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Battle Hardened – Reduces the effects of Flash, Stun, EMP, Gas Grenades, and Shock Sticks. It also grants immunity to Snapshot Grenades.
- Scavenger – Allows you to resupply ammo and throwing knives from dead players.
- Bomb Squad – Take reduced damage from any non-Killstreak explosives. If you pick up a live grenade, it will reset the fuse timer.
- Tracker – Enemy death markers are visible to you, and you can see enemy footprints. Your kill markers are also hidden from the enemy team.
- Strong Arm – Enables you to throw equipment farther than usual and see a preview of the equipment trajectory.
- Extra Tactical – Spawn with an additional Tactical in your inventory.
Since you start every match with two Base Perks active, it’s probably the most important group of Perks. It’s also helpful if you have Field Upgrades that can complement the Perks in your inventory.
Every Bonus Perk in MW2
There are 6 Bonus Perks in Modern Warfare 2. These perks will become active in a match after four minutes.
Although, you can earn them more quickly if you actively participate in a match by helping with eliminations or objectives.
- Resupply – Spawn with an additional Lethal in your inventory. Any Equipment that you have recharges over 25 seconds.
- Spotter – You can spot enemy equipment, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks through walls. Helpful against C4. If you aim down the sights, it will highlight them for your team. It also allows you to hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4s, and Trophy Systems.
- Cold-Blooded – Lets you become undetectable by any AI targeting systems and enemy thermal optics. It will not trigger a High Alert warning. It also allows you not to be highlighted in enemy Tactical Cameras, Recon Drones, and Spotter Scopes.
- Fast Hands – This lets you reload, use your equipment, and swap weapons faster.
- Hardline – Reduces the cost of any Killstreak by one Elimination. Reduces the cost of any Scorestreak by 125.
- Focus – Reduces flinching when aiming down the sights and extends Hold Breath duration. Great for snipers.
Every Perk in MW2 is useful, but some Perks excel in specific modes. Get to know all the different modes in MW2 Multiplayer to truly get a sense of which Perk Package is best for you.
Every Ultimate Perk in MW2
There are a total of 6 Ultimate Perks in Modern Warfare 2. These perks will become active in a match after eight minutes.
Similar to Bonus Perks, the more you participate in a match, the more you can cut the eight minutes it takes Ultimate Perks to activate short.
- High Alert – Your vision pulses when you are spotted by any enemy player outside of view.
- Ghost – Players become undetectable by UAVs, Portable Radars, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Quick Fix – It lets you regain health by eliminating enemy players. When you capture or hold objectives, your health regeneration rate increases.
- Overclock – Allows players to store an additional Field Upgrade charge in their inventory and increases Field Upgrade charge rate by 40%. When you first earn this Ultimate Perk, your Field Upgrade will obtain a charge.
- Survivor – When eliminated, players will enter Last Stand right before death and will have the ability to self-revive once per life. Teammates can also revive downed players faster.
- Bird’s Eye – The minimap zooms out to show more of the surrounding area. UAV and Radar pings will also reveal the enemy’s direction. When you first earn this Ultimate Perk, you’ll activate a UAV sweep.
Some Perks are great for countering the many Killstreaks in Modern Warfare 2. So it’s always best to have a few Perk Packages already set to go.
What Are Perk Packages?
Perk Packages are an innovative new way to add perks to your Multiplayer Loadouts in MW2. Each Perk Package consists of four perks, including two Base Perks, one Bonus Perk, and one Ultimate Perk.
Operators will begin each match with only their two Base Perks active. As time goes on, the Bonus Perk and the Ultimate Perk will unlock and become active as well.
At What Rank Do Perk Packages Unlock?
Players can customize their Perk Packages once they reach Rank 4 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
When you start, there will be some premade Perk Packages that you can try out in multiplayer to help you get a sense of this new mechanic.
How to Unlock Bonus Perk & Ultimate Perk Quickly
Players active in a match and participating in eliminations, assists, objectives, and tactical plays will unlock their Bonus Perk and Ultimate Perk more quickly.
This means the more you participate in a match and help your team, the longer you’ll be able to play with a whole stack of four Perks.
Read More – MW2 Camos & Mastery Camos Leaked – How to See Them In-Game