Effective communication is crucial for winning games in MW2. However, players are facing difficulties in communicating with their teammates discovering everyone is muted.
There are several ways to check if you can resolve this issue on your end, and you may be able to fix it using one of these methods.
Why Is Everyone Muted in MW2 & How to Fix It
Players in MW2 may be on mute due to these reasons:
Fortunately, there are ways to address these problems but if these issues are not the cause of your problem, then it may be on the server’s side.
Check out Infinity Ward’s MW2 Trello Board to see if there are any ongoing investigations into audio issues.
Wrong Voice Channel Settings Fix
Issues with voice chat might result from an incorrect setup of your voice channel settings. To check this is not case and fix it if necessary, you will need to do the following:
- While in the game’s main menu, press Options on PlayStation / Start on Xbox / ESC on PC.
- On the menu that pops up, scroll to the gear icon.
- Select Audio on the list of settings options.
- Under Voice Chat, make sure these are your settings:
- Voice Chat: On
- Game Voice Channel: All Lobby
Crossplay Communication Turned Off Fix
If the solution above did not help, the problem may be that you have Crossplay Communication turned off.
This setting allows you to interact with players on different platforms and here is how to check its on:
- To access the game’s main menu, press the Options button on PS / Start on Xbox / ESC key on PC.
- After the menu appears, locate the gear icon and scroll to it.
- From the list of settings options, choose Account & Network
- Under Online, make sure your settings are the following:
- Crossplay Communication: On
Once your communication issues have been resolved, why don’t you hop into the returning Cranked mode in MW2?