Here’s a full rundown of the new Camos system in Modern Warfare 2 as well as how you can unlock all of the Mastery Camos.
Whether you want your gun to look cool or to show off in Multiplayer, weapon Camos are the best way to do that.
However, unlike past Call of Duty titles, the way you unlock Camos in MW2 is pretty different. Plus, there’s a brand-new system for Mastery Camos in the game too!
- Modern Warfare 2 Camos System Explained
- How to Unlock Base Camos in MW2
- All Modern Warfare 2 Mastery Camos
Modern Warfare 2 Camos System Explained
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has a brand-new Camos system which is split up into Base Camos and Mastery Camos.
Each weapon has between 1 and 4 Base Camo Challenges and completing them unlocks a unique Camo that you can use on all of your weapons.
Weapons that you can customize using the Gunsmith 2.0 system have 4 Camo Challenges while weapons that you can’t put attachments on like the RPG-7 have one Camo challenge.
Meanwhile, Mastery Camos are specific to each individual weapon. Players must unlock a significant portion of Base Camos before they can start unlocking Mastery Camos – but more on those later.
How to Unlock Base Camos in MW2
To unlock Base Camos in Modern Warfare 2, players must complete a challenge while using a certain weapon.
Not every Base Camo Challenge is unlocked straight away and you will need to level up some weapons to max level to unlock its final Base Camo Challenge.
Even if the way Camo Challenges work in MW2 is not familiar, the tasks players need to do to unlock Camos are. For instance, the Camo Challenges for the M4 ask players to get a certain amount of kills, kills without reloading, double kills, and triple kills.
Remember that all Base Camos in MW2 are universal. Therefore, if you unlock a Base Camo with the M4, you can use it on any other weapon in the game.
How Many Base Camos Are There in MW2?
There are over 180 different Base Camos in MW2 at launch, according to the Call of Duty Blog.
What’s more, new Camos will be added to MW2 with every post-launch weapon that comes to the game. This means that players will have more Camos to unlock with every new season of Modern Warfare 2.
All Modern Warfare 2 Mastery Camos
There are 4 different types of Mastery Camo in Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer, including an Ultimate Mastery Camo. They are:
Unlocking all of these is a task that only the most dedicated Call of Duty fans will complete as it is not only very time-consuming but also difficult. Here’s how you can unlock all of the Mastery Camos:
How to Unlock Gold Mastery Camo in MW2
To unlock the Gold Mastery Camo for each weapon in MW2 you need to finish every Base Camo Challenge for that particular weapon. Then, you can complete the weapon’s Gold Camo Challenge – you must do this for each weapon you want the Gold Camo for.
- Complete every Base Camo challenge for a specific weapon
- This will unlock the Gold Camo challenge for that particular weapon
- Finish the Gold Camo challenge for the weapon
- This will unlock the Gold Camo for the weapon that you have just completed the challenges with
- Each weapon in MW2 has its own Gold Camo for players to unlock
How to Unlock Platinum Mastery Camo in MW2
To earn a Platinum Camo for a weapon in MW2, players need to finish that particular weapon’s Platinum Camo Challenge. You can unlock Platinum Camo Challenges by earning a certain amount of Gold Camos in each weapon category eg. Assault Rifles or SMGs.
- Earn a certain amount of Gold Camos across a weapon category (the number depends on which category it is) to unlock Platinum Camo challenges for weapons in that category. The weapon categories are:
- Assault Rifles
- Battle Rifles
- Marksman Rifles
- Sniper Rifles
- Melee (Primary and Secondary)
- Complete the Platinum Camo Challenge for each weapon you want to have a Platinum Camo for
- You must earn a Platinum Camo for each weapon by completing that weapon’s corresponding Platinum Camo Challenge
How to Unlock Polyatomic Camo in MW2
To unlock the Polyatomic Camo in Modern Warfare 2, you must first earn a grand total of 51 Platinum Camos for different weapons. Then, you will unlock and be able to complete the Polyatomic Camo for each weapon in the game.
- Earn the Gold Camo for every gun in MW2
- This will unlock every Platinum Mastery Camo
- Complete the Platinum Camo challenge for every weapon
- Once you have completed them all, you will unlock the Polyatomic Camo challenge for each weapon
- Finish the Polyatomic challenge for a weapon to unlock the Polyatomic Camo for it
How to Unlock Orion Ultimate Mastery Camo in MW2
To unlock the Orion Ultimate Mastery Camo in Modern Warfare 2, you first need to unlock the Polyatomic Camo for 51 different weapons.
Once you have got the Polyatomic Camo for 51 weapons (these can be launch weapons or ones added in later seasons), you will automatically unlock the Orion Camo for every gun that already has the Polyamoric Camo.
If you want to unlock all of the Camos in the game, you’ll also want to have a good understanding of every multiplayer game mode in Modern Warfare 2. After all, you’ll want to be getting as many kills as possible to unlock them all quickly!