There’s a brand-new update in town. Modern Warfare Update 1.17 is arguably the largest in the title’s history, bringing the highly-anticipated new game mode known as Warzone. This update is available on all platforms, including PS4, Xbox One, and PC – here are the patch notes.
If you don’t own Modern Warfare, this update will be around 80-100GB. However, for those you do, the file sizes are as follows.
- Xbox One: 17.9GB
- PS4: 15.1GB
- PC: 22GB
COD MW Update 1.17 Patch Notes
As part of this patch, Warzone is now available for players who already own the game. If you don’t own the title, you’re in good hands as Warzone is free-to-play on all platforms for everyone. However, F2P players will need to wait until an additional 4 hours until they can get their hands on the mode.
It’s important to note that PlayStation Plus is not required to play Warzone. However, if you wish to get the PlayStation Warzone Celebration Pack, you will need to PS Plus activated. As for PC, a Battle Net account is required and Xbox One users must also have an Xbox Live subscription to play Warzone.
Here’s everything we know so far about Modern Warfare Update 1.17.
- Warzone is now available, free-to-play.
- Warzone includes two brand-new modes: Battle Royale and Plunder
- Battle Royale: 150 players fighting it out to be the last-man-standing.
- Plunder: The aim of this is to collect the most catch during the match. The team with the most cash will be declared as the winner. You can earn cash by taking down enemies and completing in-match Contracts.
- When you load up Warzone, you will need to complete the training which can grant you bonus rewards.
- The map is called Verdansk.
Infinity Ward has also revealed a variety of other changes that have been introduced. You can check out the entire list of Modern Warfare patch notes via this link.