In addition to the latest Modern Warfare update, players will also be greeted with another download on Xbox One and PS4. It appears as though you need to install Modern Warfare Multiplayer Pack 2 or Special Ops Pack 2 if you wish to play the game online, following yesterday’s patch.
It’s unclear as to why players have to download the Multiplayer or Spec Ops Pack. Perhaps it’s got something to do with the upcoming season, set to release in the middle of next month. Either way, it must be doing something useful to justify its hefty file size of 9.08GB on Xbox One. As for the Spec Ops Pack, that weighs in at just over 16GB on PlayStation 4.
It seems as though the Multiplayer Pack 2 or Special Ops Pack 2 is a required download once you installed update 1.13. Indeed, you’re going to need a lot of free space available as this patch is large in itself.
How to Fix Modern Warfare ‘Missing DLC Packs’ Error
Although this isn’t the case for everyone, some players have reported an error when trying to download either of the DLC packs. The message reads that “you do not own or you are missing one or more of the Special Ops or Multiplayer DLC packs. Please download and install.”
In order to fix this error, you’ll need to download the pack required. You can do this by completing the series of steps below.
Special Ops Pack Error Fix on PS4
- Go to the PlayStation Store
- Manually search for “Modern Warfare”
- The Special Ops pack should then appear and you will need to download it.
Multiplayer Pack 2 Error Fix on Xbox One
- Head over to “My games & apps” on the home screen
- Find Modern Warfare in the games tab and select it
- Then select “Manage game & add-ons”
- Multiplayer Pack 2 should then appear. If so, download the DLC pack but ensure you have enough space first.
If neither of these methods works, then you can always try restarting your console. Have these fixes managed to work for you? Let us know in the comments section below.