Call of Duty Warzone's next title update, version 1.31, is coming on February 4 at 11 PM PST. Here are the patch notes.
With Warzone's last major patch dropping at Season One's start on December 16, this update has been long overdue.
Since then, players have criticized Activision for the game's lack of anti-cheat to combat the influx of cheaters. Cheating has lead popular streamers such as Vikkstar to quit playing Warzone.
While Activision recently banned over 60,000 cheaters in a bid to stop cheaters from plaguing lobbies, we're hoping this new update will introduce additional measures to help prevent it even further.
What's New in Modern Warfare & Warzone Update 1.31
Additional Anti-Cheat Updates
Earlier this week, Activision released an update regarding Call of Duty anti-cheat programs.
Activision says they are focusing on improving these key areas:
- Enhancements to internal anti-cheat software.
- Additional detection technology.
- New resources dedicated to monitoring and enforcement.
- Regular communication updates.
- Zero tolerance for cheat providers.
- Consistent and timely bans.
Some of the aforementioned changes may come into effect with the Warzone 1.31 update.
If you're still encountering cheaters, you can find out ways to remove Warzone cheaters from your lobbies here.
Double XP Weekend
2XP is coming to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone on all platforms starting at 10 AM PT / 6 PM GMT on February 5 through February 8.
PlayStation players can get Double XP 24 hours early right now.
Warzone players have been calling for the return of Armored Royale for a long time.
Thankfully, it will be coming sooner rather than later. Armored Royale will be available in the new playlist update on Feb. 4.
The mode was referenced as an upcoming playlist in the Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 1 Reloaded Roadmap, which means it will need to come before Season Two kicks off.
This mode adds puts a slight twist on traditional Battle Royale; you will need to protect your team's armored truck for your team to respawn back.
Infinite Stim Glitch Fix
If once wasn't enough, the Infinite Stim glitch has returned for the fifth time. This time it comes with a new night-vision goggles exploit.
You can find out details about the Modern Warfare and Warzone update 1.31 start time/date, file size, and pre-load here.
Official Warzone Update 1.31 Patch Notes (Update)
Raven Software has now released the official patch notes for this update.
It turns out that this patch mainly focuses on Warzone content instead of Modern Warfare. Although Rumble isn't returning in this patch, Armored Royale will be.
Most notably, version 1.31 seems to have finally fixed the infinite stim glitch. Hopefully, it will be for good this time!
- The infinite stim glitch has been removed with a new fix.
- Adjusted bonus and kill XP reward of Kingslayer mode.
- Adjusted the timing of ammo replenishment during empty reloads for Black Ops Cold War weapons.
- Stitch operator missions should now track as intended.
- Fixed visual for the “Heavy Handed” Sledgehammer.
- Tier Skips removed from Modern Warfare Bundles.
- Fixed various minor issues such as images, icons, and names.
Playlist Update (Feb. 5):
- Removed: Plunder – Blood Money Trios
- Added: Armored Royale, Plunder Quads, and Resurgence Trios