The game mode “Cranked” has made a comeback in MW2. If you’re a fan of Team Deathmatch and fast-paced gameplay, then Cranked may be the perfect mode for you.
With its unique mechanics and intense action, Cranked offers a thrilling experience for casual and competitive players.
What is Cranked Mode in Modern Warfare 2?
The gameplay of Cranked mirrors the format of Team Deathmatch, where the objective is for a team to earn 150 points to win, and players can only earn points through eliminations. Each kill counts as one point.
However, when a player is “Cranked,” the game awards double points to their team for each elimination they make, creating a unique twist in the gameplay
When a player eliminates an opponent, the game labels them as “Cranked” and grants them the Double Time and Fast Hands perks in addition to their existing ones.
Moreover, they will die explosively if they fail to get another kill within the 30-second countdown. This timer will reset each time they get a kill or assist.
Read More: MW2 2009 Weapon Audio Returns in Modern Warfare 2 Season 3
How to Play Cranked in MW2
- Start by booting up Modern Warfare 2.
- When the Message of the Day pop-up appears, choose to skip it.
- Once in the main menu, check the What’s Hot category – if Cranked is listed, select it, and you’re ready to play.
- If you do not see Cranked under the What’s Hot category, choose Modern Warfare 2 from the Games list below.
- Next, navigate to the Featured row and select Cranked to begin playing.
If you have followed these steps and do not see the mode under the What’s Hot or Featured category, the game has likely removed the mode from the playlist rotation.
If this is the case, you may have to wait till the following Wednesday before it comes back, as this is when playlist updates for MW2 take place.
How to Play Cranked in MW2 Private Matches
Unfortunately at the minute Cranked is not available as an option in Modern Warfare 2 Private Matches. However, when it release here is what you will need to do:
- Boot up MW2 and close the Message of the Day pop-up.
- Select Modern Warfare 2 from the Games list.
- Now navigate to the Multiplayer row, then select Private Match.
- Choose to Create Match and select the Alternate Modes option.
- From there, you can select Cranked and begin playing
How to Win in Cranked
The best way to win in Cranked is by maintaining a kill streak and racking up those double-point eliminations.
Being “Cranked” and getting kills will get your team to the points total much faster, and if multiple players can get high killstreaks, you will undoubtedly storm ahead of the opposition.
This returning mode is not the only game mode making a comeback, as Gunfight is coming to MW2 and features four small-sized maps for this mode.