Klaus is one of the most interesting parts of Mauer Der Toten – here’s how to upgrade your robotic companion!
Right from the first Mauer Der Toten trailer, we knew that Klaus would be one of the more exciting parts of the new Zombies map. As it turns out, your AI friend can do more than just help out with killing a few zombies.
We already know that Klaus can get you a free Wonder Weapon in Mauer Der Toten, for example. And some players are reporting that the companion can revive you if you go down too.
But, in order to make Klaus extra lethal in the new map, you’ll need to upgrade him. Thankfully, we know where to find all the upgrade locations for Klaus in Mauer Der Toten so you can give him a boost ASAP.
First things first, here’s how to build Klaus with all 3 parts in Mauer Der Toten!
How to Upgrade Klaus – Mauer Der Toten
In order to upgrade Klaus in Mauer Der Toten, you’ll need to begin by getting him to kill enough enemies.
Over on the CODZombies subreddit, user West-West-6226 confirms that Klaus was ready to upgrade after killing all of the zombies in Round 14.
After Klaus has killed enough zombies, take him back to his upgrade station in the Garment Factory and protect him for while he upgrades. This will take around a minute and afterwards Klaus will have access to Pack-a-Punch weapons.
Next up, you can further upgrade Klaus (and change his appearance) with a series of Dark Green boxes containing Floppy Disks. Make sure you have the Blacklight from the free Wonder Weapon questline to make this step easier!
All Klaus Floppy Disk Upgrade Locations – Mauer Der Toten
Take Klaus to two of the Dark Green boxes located in the following locations:
- Hotel Lounge
- West Berlin Street (underneath the Wunderfizz machine)
- Blasted Suite
- Apartment 5th Floor
- Ghost Station (Next to the train track, from Service Passage)
- Maintenance Tunnel (next to Klaus)
Two of the boxes (at random) will display an icon of Klaus’ face next to them, under the Blacklight. Getting Klaus to punch these boxes will reveal a Floppy Disk.
Then, simply take Klaus back to his upgrade station and place a Floppy Disk inside. This can be done once per round and will result in Klaus getting an upgrade and a change in appearance!
More Black Ops Cold War Zombies Mauer Der Toten Guides:
- Mauer Der Toten: How to Turn on the Power – Cold War Zombies
- Mauer Der Toten: How to Find & Use the Pack-a-Punch Guide
- How to Build Klaus – All Parts Guide – Cold War Zombies
- Bunny Disco Easter Egg Guide – All Locations – Mauer Der Toten
- Fastest Way to Unlock the CRBR-S Wonder Weapon
- Mauer Der Toten: Unlimited Rounds Guide – Invincible God Mode Glitch
- Mauer Der Toten: Free Wonder Weapon Guide – Cold War Zombies
- All CRBR-S Wonder Weapon Mod Kit Upgrades & How to Get Them