The Lidless Wall is a powerful Unique Item exclusive to the Necromancer class in Diablo 4. It was released alongside the enormous patch 1.1 as part of Diablo 4 Season 1.
It’s one of the six brand new Unique Items in the Season of the Malignant and is one of the rarest items you can find in Diablo 4.
We’re going to cover what the Lidless Wall does and how to best get your hands on one below.
How to get Lidless Wall Diablo 4
To get the Lidless Wall in Diablo 4, you need to be playing in World Tier 3 or World Tier 4 difficulty. You can get the Lidless Wall as loot from opening chests or defeating enemies in either of these World Tiers.
You can’t find the Lidless Wall Unique Item in World Tier 1 or World Tier 2.
To play in World Tier 3, you need to complete the Cathedral of Light Capstone Dungeon located in Kyovoshad in the Fractured Peaks region.
For World Tier 4, you need to complete the Fallen Temple Capstone Dungeon in the Dry Steppes region while playing in World Tier 3.
Once you have met all the above requirements, the only way to get the Lidless Wall in Diablo 4 is to play the game and wait for it to drop as loot.
The Lidless Wall’s drop rate is based on random chance. As a Unique Item, the chance is even lower than all other loot in Diablo 4.
Fortunately, you can increase your chances somewhat by playing in higher difficulties and by engaging in the following activities:
- Play in higher World Tiers
- Take part in Legion events
- Open Reward Chests and Caches
- Complete Nightmare Dungeons and Malignant Tunnels
- Defeat Elite enemies
- Take part in Helltides and open Helltide Mystery Chests (particularly Helltide Chest of Mysteries)
- Complete Whispers of the Dead requests
- Defeat World Bosses
The above activities should help to increase your chances, but don’t get your hopes up, as they really are very rare. They’re called ‘Unique Items’ for a reason!
What is Lidless Wall Diablo 4?
The Lidless Wall is a very powerful Unique Shield for the Necromancer class that seriously buffs up the Bone Storm ability. It has a chance of spawning in additional Bone Storms and its potency is increased even further for each active Sarcifice bonus.
- Lidless Wall Affixes:
- +Maximum Essence
- +Lucky Hit: Up to a 5% Chance to Restore +[XX]% Primary Resource
- +Attack Speed
- +Damage to Distant Enemies
- Lidless Wall Unique Effect:
- Lucky Hit: While you have an active Bone Storm, hitting an unaffected enemy has a [5-25]% chance to spawn an additional storm at their location. Each of your active Sacrifice bonuses increases the chance by 25% and the total additional Bone Storms you can have by +1.
Then Necromancer is already one of the most reliable and versatile classes in Diablo 4 – the Lidless Wall pushes it to the next level.
Its main draw is its huge buff to the Necromancer’s Bone Storm ability, causing additional Bone Storms to appear on the battlefield on a Lucky Hit.
Additional Bone Storms can appear at an enemy’s location, even if your original Bone Storm is on cooldown. This means that, theoretically, you can chain the Bone Storm ability indefinitely in situations where there are densely packed enemies.
It’s a fantastic ability for leveling and clearing Nightmare Dungeons in Diablo 4’s endgame.
Here’s a lucky Redditor showing off just what the Lidless Eye can do: