If you’re looking to get stuck into LEGO Fortnite Multiplayer with some friends, here’s a quick and easy guide to help you get started.
Fortnite has partnered up with LEGO, launching a brand-new survival, crafting game that’s situated entirely in Epic Games’ Battle Royale title.
Users can play alone or with up to 7 other players, and it’s easy to bring others into your LEGO world.
How to Create a New Multiplayer World
To start a new Multiplayer game of LEGO Fortnite, simply follow these steps:
- First, open Fortnite and select LEGO Fortnite from the list of modes
- Select the empty spaces in your lobby and choose a friend to invite
- When they accept your invitation, the player will appear in your lobby
- Then choose ‘Select World’ or select your existing world above the Play button
- Select ‘Create New World’
- You can then make a series of decisions concerning the world, its difficulty, and how it will appear
- Once done, hit ‘Start’
- All players in your party will now load into a brand-new world!
How to Invite Friends to Your Existing World
When in any game of LEGO Fortnite, you can invite a friend by:
- Pressing Options/Menu/Esc to open the menu
- Selecting a friend from the Social menu
- Choosing to invite them to your party
They will then appear in your LEGO world with you, however, they don’t have permanent access to the server unless you make them a Key Holder.
How to Make Someone a Key Holder
To make a friend a Key Holder in LEGO Fortnite:
- First, invite them to your LEGO Fortnite server
- Press Up on the D-Pad/Tab to open your Inventory
- Select the Players tab
- Select their name, then choose Share Key
- That player will now be a Key Holder!
Key Holders can join your LEGO Fortnite world at any time, regardless of whether or not you’re online. It’s a great way to make a shared server for you and your friends to freely access without waiting for everyone to be ready.
However, you can only grant 7 players Key Holder status in each world you create.
How to Join a Multiplayer World
To join an existing Multiplayer game of LEGO Fortnite, all you need to do is join a friend’s party.
Get them to send you an invite while in-game and you’ll immediately gain access to their world.
Nevertheless, to permanently get access to that world, they’ll have to make you a Key Holder using the steps above.
How Many Players Can Join?
Up to 8 players can play LEGO Fortnite together in a single server.
This means that you can invite up to 7 other users to your game, should you wish to cooperate with friends.
Yet, LEGO Fortnite can also be played completely solo, for those who prefer to keep their worlds to themselves.
Is There PVP?
No, LEGO Fortnite is not PVP (player vs player), and users cannot harm other players. It is not a competitive mode like Battle Royale, but instead a collaboration between LEGO fans.
The game does feature PVE (player vs environment) elements, where players can face off against threats such as skeletons or wolves.
However, there won’t be any hostile real players waiting for you in LEGO Fortnite.