The Key of Admittance in Hogwarts Legacy is found in the room above the headmaster’s office. To access this location, you will need to complete the main quest mission, “The Polyjuice Plot.”
After finding the key, you will then be able to open a door to find the Quill of Acceptance and Book of Admittance, a Hogwarts secret.
However, before we begin on how exactly you can find the key, you will need to have Alohomora Level III unlocked.
You can achieve this by discovering the location of 22 Demiguise Moons and returning them to Gladwin Moon. Without completing this step, you will not be able to discover this secret.
How to Find The Key of Admittance in Hogwarts
After completing “The Polyjuice Plot” and the Demiguise Moons follow this Floo Flame: The Grand Staircase → Trophy Room.
Once you have done that, you can follow these steps to finding the Key of Admittance in Hogwarts Legacy:
- After spawning at the Floo Flame, turn right while looking at the Troll armor.
- Follow the corridor until you reach the metal gates and head upstairs.
- Continue through the long and winding hallway until you reach a second set of stairs to go up.
- Now head up the third set of stairs, which is a spiral staircase.
- Continue all the way to the top and enter the door turning left to head up a set of stone stairs.
- When in the headmaster’s office, open the second door on the left to head outside.
- Go up the staircase to find a door that you will need to unlock.
- Inside the door, go up the staircase to find the room where the key is located.
How to Use The Key of Admittance
The Key of Admittance will open a door that leads to the Quill of Acceptance & Book of Admittance. Finding this will discover a Hogwarts secret.
After finding the key, follow these steps to use it:
- Head all the way back down, past the headmaster’s office and to the stone stairs.
- At the bottom of the stairs follow the corridor all the way to the other side to discover a door with a large and complex lock.
- Using the analog sticks, move the key into each of the four holes and then back to the center to unlock the door.
- Inside you find a ton of chests that will award you with gear.
If you are looking for more ways to increase the level of gear you own, why don’t you try completing the Treasure Vault Chess Puzzles?