If you know how to use the timed finishing feature in FIFA 23, you’ll be able to score more goals and win more games.
The timed finishing mechanic has returned in FIFA 23 allowing players to add more accuracy and power to their shots.
Knowing how to perfectly time your shots can be the difference maker as you attempt to climb the Division Rivals ranks or compete in FUT Champions.
Here’s everything you will need to know about timed shooting in FIFA 23!
How to Turn On Timed Finishing in FIFA 23
Before learning how to time shots in FIFA 23, you will need to make sure that it is enabled. Here’s how you can turn it on:
- On the main menu of the game, click on the cog wheel on the far right
- Click on “Settings”
- Go to “Customize Controls“
- On the first tab, scroll down to where it says “Timed Finishing”
- Toggle it to “On“
How to Time Shots in FIFA 23
To time your shots in FIFA 23 you will need to double tap the shoot button. This will be O on PlayStation and B on Xbox, with the timing of the second button press determining the quality of the shot.
The timed finishing feature has four different shot variations.
- Red timed shot – Button press was too early and the shot will be very weak and very inaccurate
- Yellow timed shot – Button press was a little early and the shot will be weak and inaccurate
- Green timed shot – Button press was perfectly on time and the shot will have added power and accuracy
- White timed shot – Button press was too late and the shot will not be impacted in any way.
You will know how well timed your shot was by the indicator above your player’s head. This will flash with the color of your timed shot!
How to Green Time Shots in FIFA 23
To green time shots, you will need to initiate the second press of the shoot button (O/B) at the moment right before the player connects with the ball.
Learning the exact time frame to press shoot the second time can be extremely difficult. A great way to practice and learn the timing window is to head into Kick-Off.
Before you begin practicing in Kick-Off make sure to follow these steps to help you learn the timing.
- In controller settings, where you enabled timed finishing, set the FIFA Trainer to “Show“
- Load into a Kick-Off Match
- Pause the game immediately
- Under “Resume Match“, click on “Trainer“
- In Trainer settings, set “Timed Finishing Indicator” to “On“
With these settings enabled you will be shown an indicator with the shot timing window above the player’s head.
Keep practicing timed shooting until the timing window becomes second nature and you no longer need the indicator to hit green timed shots!
How to Time Power Shots in FIFA 23
To time power shots in FIFA 23, you will need to double press O/B while simultaneously holding L1/LB & R1/RB. To hit them green-timed, you will still need to hit shoot the second time at the moment right before the player connects with the ball.
If you want to learn more about FIFA 23’s new Power Shot feature, we already have a full dedicated guide on the best times to use it.
Alternatively, combining timed finishing with FIFA 23’s Trivela flair shot will turn your attackers into clinical forwards!