To set up and use Discord on your PS5, you’ll first need to link your Discord and PlayStation Network accounts via the Users and Accounts option in your console Settings.
Once linked, you need to start a voice chat on the Discord app on mobile or PC before selecting the Transfer to PlayStation option.
You may also want to grab one of the best PS5 headsets to make communicating with your friends over Discord that much easier.
It is worth noting that currently, only those who have received an invite from Sony to test out the Discord app Beta on PS5 can access Discord.
While the invites are sent out randomly, the full app is set to be rolled out globally and for all users in the next couple of months.
How to Link Your Discord & PlayStation Accounts
You link your Discord and PlayStation accounts by heading to Settings. Within settings, go to Users and Accounts, and then finally, Linked Services.
Inside Linked Services, select Discord. Next, you’ll be prompted to link the accounts using either the QR code on screen via your phone’s camera or your PS5’s internet browser.
Once linked up, you can finally begin playing the biggest PS5 games this year with your friends and Discord running seamlessly in the background.
Here are the full instructions on how you link your Discord and PlayStation Network accounts:
- On your PS5, head to Settings.
- Next, select Users and Accounts.
- Finally, choose Linked Services.
- Select Discord from the list of services.
- Log in to your Discord account by scanning the QR code with your phone or using the PlayStation’s web browser.
If you can, using the QR code option is significantly faster as it reduces the hassle of having to type using your PS5 controller. However, signing in via the browser is nevertheless still incredibly simple.
Regardless of which option you select, you’ll need to log in to your Discord account. This will then link your Discord and PlayStation Network accounts and allow you to access Discord on your PS5.
How to Access Discord on Your PS5
To use Discord on your PlayStation 5, you need to select the voice chat you wish to use on your PS5 on the mobile or PC Discord app.
On mobile, swipe up above the “Join Voice” button and select “Join on PlayStation”. On PC, press the button that looks like a phone with a controller and select “Join on PlayStation.”
Additionally, if you’re planning on using your controller’s microphone to communicate over Discord, it’ll be worthwhile to check out the latest DualSense Edge Controller, as it has a much better mic.
Here are the full instructions on how to access Discord on your PS5:
- Make sure your PlayStation 5 is on and your Discord and PlayStation Network accounts are linked.
- Open up the Discord app on either your mobile device or desktop.
- Select the voice chat you wish to join.
- On mobile, swipe up above the Join Voice button. You’ll see a slew of new options. Select Join on PlayStation.
- On desktop, click the button that looks like a phone with a controller next to it. It will ask which console you wish to join. Select Join on PlayStation.