To upgrade your broom in Hogwarts Legacy, you must beat Imelda Reyes’ time trials before speaking to Mr. Weekes in the Spintwitches Sporting Needs. He will then develop a broom upgrade that you can purchase.
There are three broom upgrades that you can unlock in Hogwarts Legacy, and each requires you to beat a different time trial.
Before you find out how to get each upgrade to increase your broom’s acceleration and speed, you’ll first need to know how to get a broom in Hogwarts Legacy.
Or, if you prefer fantastic beasts to brooms, we’ve got just the thing. Find out how to get a Hippogriff and Thestral flying mount in Hogwarts Legacy!
How to Get Broom Upgrade 1 – Flight Test Side Quest
You can buy the first broom upgrade from Mr. Weekes for 1000 gold once you have completed the Flight Test side quest.
To do this, you must beat Imelda Reyes’ time in her first broom time trial, which is located in the quidditch pitch just northwest of Hogwarts.
- Head to Imelda Reyes’ broom racing time trial inside the quidditch pitch
- This is located just to the northwest of Hogwarts
- Complete the time trial as fast as you can and see if you place on the leaderboard
- Each missed ring gives you a three-second penalty
- For an extra speed boost, fly through the gold bubbles
- Keep trying this time trial until you beat Imelda Reyes’ time
- After place on the leaderboard, head back to Spintwitches Sporting Needs in Hogsmeade, talk to Mr. Weekes, and he will begin developing the first broom upgrade
- Mr. Weekes will contact you when the broom upgrade is ready. Once it is, you can then head to Spintwitches Sporting Needs and buy it for 1,000 coins
- Buying this will also start the next side quest – Sweeping the Competition – which allows you to get broom upgrade 2
How to Get Broom Upgrade 2 – Sweeping The Competition Side Quest
You can get broom upgrade 2 for 4000 gold, once again from Mr. Weekes, after completing the side quest Sweeping The Competition.
This side quest tasks you with placing on the leaderboard in Imelda Reyes’ second broom time trial, located just north of Irondale.
- Head to the second broom racing time trial
- This is located just north of Irondale
- Speak to Imelda Reyes and enter the trial to see if you place on the leaderboard
- This is a much more tricky course, so you may need some more practice before taking it on
- If you find the sharp turns difficult, feel free to slow down around the corners. It won’t slow you down too much as long as you hit some gold bubbles, and is much better than a 3-second penalty for missing rings!
- Head back to Mr. Weekes at Spintwitches once you’ve placed on the leaderboard
- He will contact you via Owl Post once broom upgrade 2 is ready – you can purchase it for 4000 gold
- Purchasing this upgrade will also unlock the third and final broom trial side quest – The Sky Is The Limit
If you’re running short on money to buy this upgrade, there’s no need to worry. Find out the fastest way to earn gold in Hogwarts Legacy so you can buy this broom upgrade straight away!
How to Get Broom Upgrade 3 – The Sky Is The Limit Side Quest
You can buy the third and final broom upgrade in Hogwarts Legacy from Mr. Weekes for 7500 gold. It is unlocked after completing Imelda Reyes’ final time trial in the side quest The Sky Is The Limit.
This final broom racing time trial is located in the south of the map, just east of Clagmar Castle.
- Head to the final broom racing trial in the south of the map
- You can find it to the east of Clagmar castle
- Speak to Imelda Reyes to start the time trial and see if you can place on the leaderboard
- This is the longest and most difficult course
- You will want to hit as many of the gold bubbles as possible to keep your speed up. Otherwise, you won’t finish fast enough to place on the leaderboard
- Any time you don’t have a speed boost from the gold bubbles, use your boost button (L2 / LT) to keep you at high speeds
- After placing on the leaderboard for this trial, head back to Mr. Weekes, and he will start developing the final broom upgrade
- Soon after, Mr. Weekes will contact you saying that the broom upgrade is ready
- Finally, purchase broom upgrade 3 for 7500 coins!
Now that you’ve got all of the broom upgrades, you’ll want to test the improvements. Here are all of the landing platform locations in Hogwarts Legacy to give you somewhere to fly to!