The Slimline Pro Optic is available in MW2, but many players are struggling to equip it. If you’re one such player, then you’re in luck as we’re here to tell you how to use it.
There are a number of excellent attachments in MW2, from Muzzles and Underbarrels to Stocks and Optics. However, one attachment is eluding players across the globe: the Slimline Pro Optic.
While many players want to equip the Slimline Pro Optic to their M4 rifles, many have found that they can’t and are wondering when it unlocks.
Of course, to even equip a new Optic to your gun, you’ll need to first learn how to unlock custom loadouts in MW2.
How to Unlock the Slimline Pro in MW2 Multiplayer
Players can only currently access the Slimline Pro by playing private multiplayer matches.
Unfortunately, as of right now there is no way to unlock it in multiplayer.
While it is unclear as to why the Slimline Pro is unavailable in multiplayer, the reason players can access it in private matches is because all attachments are unlocked in that mode.
If you’ve managed to level up your M4 to its max level (level 20), then you’ll have noticed that the Slimline Pro is nowhere to be seen.
In fact, if you try to select it in your Optics, it doesn’t show a way to unlock it, unlike every other attachment. It is unclear whether the Slimline Pro Optic will become available at a later date.
In the meantime, there are plenty of Optics that work perfectly with the M4. If you’re looking to customize your M4, then you should definitely check out how to unlock Weapon Tuning and how it works.
How to Use the Slimline Pro in a Private Match
To equip the Slimline Pro Optic in a private match, you’ll first need to create one from the main menu. Once you’ve done that, it’s just a case of selecting it in the Gunsmith:
- From the main menu, select Private Match (you’ll find it under Multiplayer)
- Click Create Private Match (or join one if your friend has already made one)
- Select the mode you want to play
- Then go to Weapons (found at the top of the screen)
- Select your loadout, equip the M4, and open Gunsmith
- Under Optic, select Slimline Pro
When is the Slimline Pro Coming to MW2
Unfortunately, there is currently no official date for the Slimline Pro coming to MW2 multiplayer. Infinity Ward is yet to comment on its absence from the base multiplayer mode.
However, there is every possibility it will come in a future patch, and while it’s too early to say how soon, players should still hold out hope. In the meantime, there are plenty of alternatives to use instead.
Best Alternatives to the Slimline Pro in MW2 Multiplayer
If players are looking to use something very similar to the Slimline Pro Optic on their M4, then they should definitely try out the following weapons:
- SZ Mini
- It is practically the same optic and offers the same stat pros and cons. Players can unlock this Optic by leveling up the Lachmann Sub to level 11.
- Cronen Mini Pro
- This is a little different from the Slimline Pro as it comes with a red dot sight. However, in terms of size and stat changes, it is mostly the same. Players can unlock this Optic by leveling up the Expedite 12 to level 7.
- Cronen Mini Red Dot
- Much like the Cronen Mini Pro, the Cronen Mini Red Dot offers players an unobstructed view with the addition of a red dot sight. Players can unlock this Optic by leveling up the FSS Hurricane to level 3.
- SZ Sigma-IV Optic
- The SZ Sigma-IV Optic is a more enhanced version of the SZ Mini and comes with a red dot sight. Players can unlock this Optic by leveling up the X12 to level 4.
What Is the Slimline Pro in MW2?
The Slimline Pro is an Optic in MW2 that can be equipped to the M4 assault rifle. It offers improved Precision Sight Picture but decreases Aim Down Sight Speed.
While it isn’t the best Optic in MW2, it certainly has its advantages and is perfect for newcomers. It’s a shame then that players can’t use it in real multiplayer matches at this time.