Every once in a while, a new game seems to become increasingly popular out of nowhere. Battlestate Games’ Escape from Tarkov appears to be the latest game to experience this great success. One of the main characters involves a professional hunter and survival specialist called Jaeger. Here’s how to unlock Jaeger in Escape from Tarkov.
This guide doesn’t apply to console users as Tarkov is only available on PC as of the time writing this article.
Escape from Tarkov Jaegar Unlock Guide
There’s a series of steps players will need to complete in order to unlock Jaeger in Escape from Tarkov. It’s important to note that some of these steps might be subject to change as quests can receive updates.
- Step 1: Reach level 10 on your PMC
- Step 2: You’ll then need to accept the Mechanic’s first mission called Gunsmith Part 1. (We have compiled a guide on how to complete this mission below.)
- Step 3: Once the Gunsmith Part 1 mission has been completed, ‘Introduction’ should then also be unlocked.
- Step 4: On the Introduction mission, you need to find Jaeger’s camp on the ‘Woods’ map, collect his message, and extract from the map.
- Step 5: After this, queue into a raid on the ‘Woods’ map and head to the small deer stand near the downed aircraft which is next to the train station spawn location.
- Step 6: Underneath the deer stand should be a message from Jaegar, which you can pick up.
- Step 7: Once you have the message, survive the raid, then extract. You’ll then need to hand the message back to the Mechanic, who will then unlock Jaegar in Escape from Tarkov for you.
How to Complete Gunsmith Part 1 in Escape from Tarkov
There are numerous ways to complete this mission, and it thankfully doesn’t require too much hard work.
You’ll need to purchase three elite pliers from the flea market or find them in three industrial loot locations. Elite pliers can be found in the following locations.
- Behind the gaussian store on interchange shells.
- Tool shelves in the game.
You should then be allowed to do the barter on Mechanic level 1 to get the MP-133 to meet the specifications Gunsmith Part 1.