For many, Crossplay in MW2 is not an issue. However, switching it off is the only recourse for those who find it a pain, and we’re here to tell you how.
Crossplay allows players from all across the world and on all platforms to play against one another. It is great for filling up lobbies that may otherwise go empty.
However, players using a controller may feel it’s unfair to go up against someone using a keyboard and mouse. Fortunately, there is a simple and easy way to switch off Crossplay to ensure that never happens.
Of course, if you fancy going old school and playing side-by-side with a friend on the same console, you should check out how to play split-screen in MW2.
How to Stop Crossplay in MW2
Turning off crossplay differs depending on the platform you’re using.
- PS5: You’ll need to head to the Account and Network settings.
- Xbox: You’ll need to head into your Xbox Online Safety and Family settings and find it there.
- PC: You cannot turn off Crossplay on PC at the moment.
How to Turn Crossplay Off in MW2 on PS5
- Open up the settings menu by pressing the Options button on your controller
- Press LB until you reach the settings
- Select the Account and Network settings (which can be found at the bottom)
- Under Online at the top, you should see Crossplay
- Switch Crossplay off by pressing X
How to Turn Crossplay Off in MW2 on Xbox
You cannot turn crossplay off in MW2 via the game. Instead, you will need to head into your Xbox settings in order to do this:
- On your dashboard, press the Xbox button and select settings
- Head into General
- Next, choose Online Safety and Family
- Then go into Privacy and Online Safety
- Select Xbox Privacy
- Then View Details and Customise
- Next, you’ll want to select Communication and Multiplayer
- Last but not least, change the You Can Join Cross-Network Play section to Block
If you end up having to use Crossplay to play with a friend but don’t fancy listening to players boasting about their kills, then you need to learn how to mute all players in MW2.
How to Turn Crossplay Off in MW2 on PC
There is no way to turn crossplay off in MW2 on PC at this point in time. No option can be found in the in-game settings to switch it off.
Activision is yet to announce an update to the PC version, including the ability to switch crossplay off. We will update this article when they eventually do.
Is There Crossplay in MW2?
Yes, there is crossplay between all platforms in Modern Warfare 2. This allows people to play with others regardless of which platform they are playing on.
If you have a friend who is on PC but you’re on Xbox, don’t worry. Crossplay is automatically turned on, meaning you’ll be able to join up together.
However, many gamers on consoles understandably don’t want to play against those using a mouse and keyboard. Fortunately, you can turn it off with ease.
Is There Crossprogression in MW2
Yes, players can carry over their progression across all platforms, including Xbox, PlayStation, and PC.
This means that if you unlock a certain gun on your Xbox version, you can also use it on your PC version as well.
All you’ll need to do is log into your Activision account on any other platform, and you’ll be able to carry over all of your gear.
It is worth noting that your settings will not carry over to other platforms. So, be sure to remember to alter your settings whenever you switch platforms, so they’re to your liking.
What Is Crossplay?
Crossplay is a feature in some games that allows people using one platform to play with other people on another platform. Essentially, it enables PlayStation owners to play games with Xbox and PC owners.
It is best suited for friends who each use different platforms, but want to play together nevertheless.
However, it has negative effects, as some people believe it’s unfair to match a PC player against someone on a console.