The Diablo 4 Necromancer class can make use of powerful summons to beef up their combat potential. From Skeletal Warriors and Mages to Golems, the undead summoner class has plenty of tricks up its sleeve.
But with Golems unlocking last in the Necromancer’s Book of the Dead, players are struggling to get their heads around how to get the powerful creatures on their side.
Only the Necromancer class can summon and use Golems. Here’s how it works:
Diablo 4: How to Unlock Golems for Necromancer Class
Necromancers can unlock the ability to summon Golems from their Book of the Dead by getting to Level 25 and completing the Necromancer: Call of the Underworld quest.
This quest becomes available when the required level is reached, and it is situated just northwest of Menestad.
Here is how to complete the quest:
- Head to the Shrine of Rathma (see map above.)
- Pay your respects at the Shrine by pressing X / A / Left Click.
- After this, speak to Maltorius, the spectral figure that is summoned next to the Shrine.
- Next, collect 12 Unbroken Bone by killing nearby Bone Warriors in the highlighted area.
- If all Bone Warriors are defeated, and you still don’t have enough, leave the area and walk back in to respawn the enemies.
- Then, travel to the marked area to find the cave containing the vile artifact.
- This is located south of the Shrine of Rathma, directly west of Menestad. You can see its location on the map below:
- Enter the Bitter Cave by interacting with it.
- Head further into the cave and interact with the Jar of Souls to open it.
- Fill up the Jar of Souls by killing enemies nearby.
- Then, talk to Maltorius, who will spawn beside the Jar.
- You will now receive the Golem summon, the Necromancer’s strongest pet.
Why Is Golem Not Summoning in Diablo 4?
The Necromancer’s Golem summon will not automatically summon like the class’s other undead minions. Instead, players have to manually summon the Golem by activating its skill.
If your hotbar is already full, here’s how to add the Golem summon to your available skill list:
How to Assign Summon Golem Skill
To assign the Summon Golem skill to your hotbar, open the Abilities page (A or Options/Menu, then R1/RB), open Skill Assignment (Left Analog Stick Press), and select the skill.
Unlike other summons, Necromancers must manually activate this skill if they wish to summon the Golem.
How to Unlock Blood & Iron Golems in Diablo 4
Blood Golems are unlocked at Level 28 after Necromancers have completed the Call of the Underworld quest to unlock Golem Summoning.
Iron Golems are then unlocked at Level 32 for players that have completed that same quest.
Players can choose which version of the Golem they summon in battle by selecting an option in the Book of the Dead.