The PlayStation 5 makes it easier than ever to put your first Twitch stream live and share gameplay with others online.
Looking to become a Twitch streamer and stream live to an online following? Look no further than the PlayStation 5, which comes fully prepared to help you accomplish this task.
All you need is a console, an internet connection, and something to stream to be well on your way to becoming the next big Twitch streamer. In fact, it’s never been easier to go live on Twitch from a PlayStation device than right now.
Live-streaming is a huge market that’s only grown bigger than ever during the events of 2020. With more people staying indoors, the industry is booming, meaning that it’s the perfect time to get involved.
How to Stream on Twitch With the PS5
To go live on Twitch via your PlayStation 5, follow these steps to get your stream going in no time:
- Create a Twitch account on your mobile phone or computer.
- Download the Twitch iOS or Android app to personalize your channel, adjust stream settings, and more
- Press the DualSense’s new Create button (to the left of the touchpad) when you’re ready to go live and scroll right to Broadcast
- Here, you can choose Twitch and hit Link Account to add your PS5 to your Twitch account. You’ll need to either scan a QR code or use the displayed code at twitch.tv/activate
- Now a press of the Create button allows you to go live by selecting Broadcast again
- Don’t forget to give your stream a title, and you can also add a PlayStation 5 HD Camera and customize your overlay freely.
Just like that, you’re live on Twitch! To stop your broadcast, just hit Create, Broadcast, and Stop Broadcast at any time.
Don’t forget that you can head into your settings from your Dashboard before streaming to adjust your video quality options. This can be done in the Capture and Broadcasts section of your menu.
You can stream in a range of qualities but bear in mind that uploading higher resolution footage may require faster internet speeds.
YouTube streaming is also available for those gamers who prefer the platform. Whatever your preference, be sure to make sure you’ve got the best internet connection on the PS5 before you start your stream.
It’s also important to ensure your PS5 is actually running at 4K, 120 FPS to make your gameplay stand out.
Right now, there are likely hundreds to thousands of new Twitch streamers making their debut from the PS5. But with the PS5 out of stock worldwide, it’s hard for many users to get started.
Here’s when the PS5 will be back in stock for those who missed out.