Want to get the edge on your Turf War opponents? Then you’ll need to master the Squid Roll and Squid Surge in Splatoon 3.
Splatoon 3 may seem like a simple and straightforward game, but there are plenty of tricks of the trade that pro players use to dominate. The Squid Roll and Squid Surge are two movement options that will drastically increase your survivability in-game, and they’ll help you get the drop on your enemies.
Master these two mechanics, and you’ll be out-maneuvering the competition and getting some Splats that you’d usually miss out on!
Just make sure you’re using Splatoon 3’s best weapons so you can get the kill once you’ve got the enemy in your sights.
What Is a Squid Roll?
A Squid Roll in Splatoon is a sudden change of direction that players can do while swimming in ink. The purpose of the maneuver is to quickly surprise enemies as they try and track you in the paint.
Pull it off correctly, and you set yourself up for an easy Splat. But how exactly is it performed?
How to Squid Roll in Splatoon 3
- To Squid Roll in Splatoon 3, first hold ZL and begin swimming in your team’s ink.
- Once you see white speed lines, you’re going at full speed and ready to perform a Squid Roll.
- To execute the maneuver, simply move the analog stick in an alternate direction from the way you’re swimming, and press B to jump.
- Your squid will maintain its speed and Squid Roll, leaping into the air with a stylish jump move.
Read More: How to Get the Dab Emote In Splatoon 3
What Is a Squid Surge?
A Squid Surge is an upwards boost than can be performed when scaling a wall. After a brief charge-up, players can leap upwards without the need to swim all the way up a wall, allowing them to surprise enemies.
How to Squid Surge in Splatoon 3
- First, use ZL to swim in your team’s ink, and move onto a wall that’s painted in your color.
- When you’re on the wall, keep holding ZL but also hold down B to charge up a jump.
- Once your squid (or octopus) eyes flash, your charge is complete, so release B to launch upward!
With the Squid Roll and Squid Surge mastered, you’ll be able to stay on top of the leaderboard every single game. Use these skills, alongside our tricks to rank up fast in Splatoon 3, and you’ll be earning some great rewards.
Just don’t forget to make sure you’re also using the best abilities in Splatoon 3 for that added boost.