In Hogwarts Legacy, you can only access the Halls of Herodiana quest and solve its puzzle after completing Professor Sharp’s Assignment 1 and learning Depulso.
To complete the Halls of Herodiana quest and puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy, follow these steps:
- Finish Professor Sharp’s Assignment 1
- Locate Sophronia Franklin
- Find the Hidden Entrance to the Halls of Herodiana
- Complete the First Puzzle
- Complete the Second Puzzle
- Finish the Third Puzzle
- Head back to speak with Sophronia
Upon completion, you will earn Herodiana’s outfit, which can be used by changing the appearance of your gear!
Finish Professor Sharp’s Assignment 1
- First, either purchase or brew a Focus Potion and then use it. It can be used in or out of combat.
- Focus Potions can be bought from J Pippins in Hogsmeade for 500 Galleons.
- Next, either purchase or brew both a Maxima and Edurus Potion and then use them one after the other.
- Maxima and Edurus Potions can be bought from J Pippins as well for 300 Galleons each.
- Attend Potions class during the day and then complete the Depulso spell minigame.
- Now, you should be able to start the Halls of Herodiana in Hogwarts Legacy.
Locate Sophronia Franklin
- Sophronia Franklin will be located near the Charms Classroom. You can easily navigate here by using the Floo Flame: The Astronomy Wing → Charms Classroom.
- Sophronia can be seen staring at the artwork on the wall directly across from the Floo Flame. To begin the quest, simply speak with her.
Find the Hidden Entrance to the Halls of Herodiana
- Next, you will need to find the hidden entrance to the Halls of Herodiana, which will be located on the lowest level of The Defence against the Dark Arts Tower.
- Simply cast Depulso onto the highlighted symbol on the wall.
- Once you have successfully done so, the wall will unveil a hidden door, and you can enter.
Complete the First Halls of Herodiana Puzzle
- The first puzzle is fairly simple, cast Depulso onto the two large blocks in front of you.
- Once they have hit the back wall, climb on top and enter through the door.
- Here you will find Herodiana’s cape.
Complete the Second Halls of Herodiana Puzzle
- To begin the next puzzle, you will need to cast Accio on the two blocks to the right in the second room.
- Once you have completed that, you will be transported to a different area.
- When in this new area, cast Accio on the solo block to the left to join with the two on the right to create a staircase
- Next, you will need to cast Accio again to drag the staircase to the other side of the room.
- Hit the staircase with Depulso to set it up against the exit wall.
- Then use Accio to drag it to the opposite side of the room.
- Simply jump onto the staircase to get up to the exit.
- Up here, you will discover Herodiana’s attire.
Solve the Third Halls of Herodiana Puzzle
- To solve the third puzzle, you will first need to use Accio on the two blocks to pull them to the right-hand side wall.
- Then use Depulso to line up the two blocks with the block sticking out of the wall.
- Next, you will need to use Accio to pull the blocks over to the left-hand side wall.
- Climb onto the two blocks and stand on the solid block that was already there.
- Now you will need to hit the glowing cube with a basic cast. This will reset the two blocks you moved.
- Use Accio to pull the blocks to the exit wall, and then one more time, use Accio to drag them over to you.
- Jump onto the blocks and exit the room, where you will find Herodiana’s cap.
Head Back to Speak With Sophronia
Once you have completed all three puzzles, head back to talk to Sophronia. From here, you will have three options.
- Show Sophronia Herodiana’s outfit
- If you choose to show her for free or decide not to show her, you will still earn some XP.
- Ask her to pay to see it
- If you select “Yes, for a fee,” you will earn some gold from completing this challenge.
- Don’t show her the outfit
Whatever option you choose won’t make any narrative differences in the story, so it’s up to you to decide what you want to select.
Although, getting gold in Hogwarts Legacy is pretty important! This will allow you to purchase items such as Fluxweed Stem, which will let you make Focus potions!