Players are already discovering a new way to slide cancel in the MW2 Beta, despite the mechanic’s supposed removal.
Love it or hate it, slide canceling is a major part of Modern Warfare and Warzone. The movement option allows talented players to zoom around the map with ease, while making themselves harder to hit.
Pulling off a successful slide cancel also resets a player’s Tactical Sprint, ensuring that they can move faster than those players unfamiliar with the trick.
In a recent blog post, Activision confirmed that slide canceling as we know it is gone from Modern Warfare 2. However, not even 24 hours on from the launch of the Beta, players are already discovering a new way to slide cancel, and it might be easier than ever.
Read More: Best MP5 Loadout in MW2 & How to Unlock It
Modern Warfare 2 Beta: How to Enable Slide Canceling
- First, you’ll need to press the options or start button on your controller, and go scroll across to Settings using R1/RB.
- Select Controller.
- Scroll down to Automatic Sprint above and change it to ‘Automatic Tactical Sprint‘. This setting isn’t mandatory but it will make slide-canceling easier in MW2.
- Scroll down to Weapon Mount Activation, and set it to ‘Double-Tap ADS‘.
- Hit R1/RB to head to Advanced settings and scroll down to Grounded Mantle, setting it to Off.
- Below that, make sure Automatic Ground Mantle is also set to Off.
Then, with those settings all ready, here’s how to perform the new slide cancel in Modern Warfare 2.
Speaking of settings, we’ve got a full breakdown on the best controller settings for MW2 here!
How to Slide Cancel in MW2
- First tactical sprint by pressing L3 / the left Analog Stick.
- Tap slide (O/B).
- Rapidly Aim Down Sights twice (L2/LT x 2)
- Then jump (X/A)
Execute this sequence in fast succession and you’ll perform a slide cancel! It might take some practice to get it just right, but it seems to actually be just as easy, or easier than it was before.
Make sure you’ve got 120 FPS enabled for Modern Warfare 2 to make things even smoother in-game. A lot of players are discovering that their game wasn’t set up correctly from the get-go!
Streamer Geeky Pastimes shows off a quick how to slide cancel guide in this video below, if you’re struggling to get the movement tech down:
And if you’re having issues with the game closing unexpectedly, here’s a quick trick to fix MW2 crashes.