Pokemon GO players have a brand new feature to enjoy – here’s how to set up and use the Pokemon GO Buddy and Egg Widget!
Keeping track of your progress in Pokemon GO can be annoying but, luckily, Niantic has just added a new feature to make this way easier.
The new Widgets for Pokemon GO are perfect for everyone who wants to track their progress without going into the menus.
Here’s how you can install the two different Pokemon GO Widgets – one for Eggs and the other for Buddies!
What are the Pokemon GO Buddy & Egg Widgets?
Pokemon GO’s new Widget feature is a feature that lets you easily track the progress of your Buddy as well as the eggs you’re hatching without even opening the app.
The Buddy Widget allows you to keep track of your progress towards earning Buddy Hearts. If you’re using the top tips to earn Buddy Hearts fast in Pokemon GO then you’ll have to be checking it pretty often!
Meanwhile, the Egg Widget lets you see how far you need to walk to hatch your next egg. No more checking every 5 minutes!
Although to make the most of these features, you’ll first need to enable Adventure sync in the game settings. Next, you’ll actually have to add the Widget to your phone.
Don’t forget to buy some Incubators to hatch your eggs too. Here’s the fastest way to earn PokeCoins in Pokemon GO so you can buy as many as you want!
How to Add Pokemon GO Buddy Widget to Your Phone’s Home Screen
- On your Home Screen, tap and hold down an app, widget, or an empty space until all of the apps jiggle.
- Press the + button in the top right and scroll down until you find the Pokemon GO Widgets.
- Add either or both of the Buddy and Egg Widgets.
- Press done to confirm that you want to add them.
- You can also move these Widgets to wherever you like on your Home Screens.
- On your Home screen, press and hold an empty area.
- Tap the Widgets option.
- Tap and hold the Pokemon GO Buddy or Egg widget. You’ll get images of your Home screens.
- Place the Widget wherever you want it.
Now that you’ve added the Widget, find out what you can hatch in Pokemon GO eggs right now:
- Season of Light: All Pokemon in 2km Eggs
- Season of Light: All Pokemon in 5km Eggs
- Season of Light: All Pokemon in 10km Eggs
- Every Pokemon in 12km Team Rocket Eggs
And that’s how you can add the Pokemon GO Buddy and Egg Widgets to your phone to easily keep track of your progress.