If you are hoping to restart your Pokemon Scarlet and Violet save but aren’t sure how, don’t worry; you’re not alone. Fortunately, we have all the answers.
There are a lot of different reasons why you may want to start again in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Unfortunately, the game doesn’t give you an easy way to do so.
However, there are a handful of simple workarounds that will get you starting your adventure in Paldea all over again in no time.
Of course, if you’re starting again, you should know which is the best Starter Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet so you can make the right choice.
How to Restart Your Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Save
There are two ways to reset your Pokemon Scarlet & Violet save.
- Delete your save data completely from within your Switch’s Data Management setting.
- Start a brand-new secondary Nintendo Switch account, which can be created quite easily when selecting Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Of course, both of these require a few additional steps. So, for a detailed guide on how to do both, continue reading.
How to Delete Your Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Save Data
If you want to delete your Pokemon Scarlet and Violet save data from your Nintendo Switch, you will need to go into Data Management in your settings.
From there, you’ll have to select Scarlet and Violet and opt to remove the saved data for your specific account.
- Head to Settings on your Nintendo Switch Home Screen (it is the cogwheel icon on the bottom).
- Scroll down until you find Data Management.
- Push your left joystick to the left to enter the Data Management section and then scroll down to the very bottom to find Delete Save Data.
- Press A to enter (you will have to close any game you have open, so make sure to save it before you try this out).
- Once inside, select Pokemon Scarlet/Violet and then click Delete Save Data for (Your Username).
- After you’ve completed this, head back into Scarlet and Violet, and you’ll be able to start fresh once again.
How to Start a New Save in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
You can start a new save in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet by creating a new user on your Nintendo Switch and selecting that account instead of your main one.
All you’ll need to do is select the + icon when choosing which user to play as and then follow the steps to create a second account.
- Select Pokemon Scarlet/Violet from your Home Screen.
- When prompted to select a user, choose the + icon on the right.
- Choose Create New User.
- Select which icon you prefer and enter the account’s username.
- Press OK to add and then choose whether to link a Nintendo Account to it or not.