PlayStation Direct will be restocking PS5 consoles this holiday season, but you’ll need to register before you can buy one. Find out how!
It’s almost a whole year since the PS5 launched, but it’s still near-impossible to actually buy one. There aren’t any on store shelves and online restocks for the console are scarce.
However, it looks like this could be changing in the near future. Not only could the huge PS5 stock shortage be over soon, but there have also been plenty of restocks recently.
What’s more, one of these retailers, PlayStation Direct has just announced some huge restocks coming this holiday season. And, to make everything fair, you can register for the chance to buy one.
Check our PS5 Stock Trackers for super speedy updates when new console restocks go live:
- PS5 Stock Tracker USA – Updates, Restocks and Alerts
- PS5 Stock Tracker UK – Updates, Restocks and Alerts
How to Sign Up & Register for PlayStation Direct Holiday 2021 PS5 Restocks
Buying directly from PlayStation still seems to be one of the most reliable ways to secure a PS5. Luckily, it looks like the retailer has updated its email invite system for PS5 restocks.
To register at PlayStation Direct and be in with the chance of buying a PS5 in the holiday season restocks follow these steps:
- Head to this page on the PlayStation website to read all of the details.
- If you don’t have a PSN account, scroll down to the ‘Sign-in to register’ section and click ‘sign up’ to make an account.
- If you do have a PSN account, click the ‘Sign In’ button in the top right corner of the screen and log into your PSN account.
- Once you have logged in, you’ll see a a new ‘Sign Up’ button in the ‘Sign in to register’ section.
- Click that to register for the PS5 holiday restocks at PlayStation Direct.
- If you’ve done this right a message saying ‘Thank you for registering’ will appear on your screen.
- This gives you a chance to recieve an email from PlayStation Direct this holiday season, inviting you to buy a PS5, alongside accessories like the new Midnight Black and Cosmic Red Dualsense controllers.
Let’s hope that these restocks go smoothly and PlayStation Direct doesn’t have any problems with orders. PlayStation Direct has canceled loads of PS5 orders recently and there have also been many PS5 shipping delays from PlayStation too.
Also, even if you don’t manage to get a PS5 after you register at PlayStation Direct, there is still hope. Walmart is hoarding PS5 consoles ahead of the holiday season while Best Buy will be holding members-only PS5 and Xbox Series X restocks this Winter.