Picnics are a brand-new mechanic to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet and a fantastic way to build friendships with your Pokemon.
Improving your friendship with your Pokemon is crucial to your journey as it’ll not only bring you closer but also make them better in combat.
So, it is worth whipping out the picnic table every once in a while to wash and play with your Pokemon. Of course, you can do this with friends if you know how to play Pokemon Scarlet and Violet online.
How to Increase Friendship in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
The easiest way to increase your friendship with your Pokemon is to talk to them and wash them while having a picnic.
It’s very easy to do and will only take a few moments, but doing it often will significantly increase your friendship level with your Pokemon.
For a more detailed guide on how to do this, continue reading:
- Find an open area away from other trainers, NPCs, and towns.
- Press X and then select Picnic.
- Once the Picnic table has been set, go over to any of your Pokemon and press A to talk to them. This will start a brief animation, after which hearts should appear above them.
- You can also press X to wash them. This will start a short mini-game.
- Move the left joystick around while holding A to put soap on your Pokemon.
- When prompted, press Y to activate the showerhead.
- Finally, move the left joystick while holding A once again to rinse off the soap.
You can also press ZR to throw a ball around that your Pokemon will be able to play with. You can switch balls by going to the picnic table and pressing A.
What Do Picnics Do in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
Picnics are a way of building your bond with your Pokemon and earning some EXP as well. You can also use them to make sandwiches that buff your Pokemon.
Whenever you sit down for a picnic, so long as you interact with all of your Pokemon, they’ll each earn a little EXP. So, it’s worth doing every now and then.
What Does Friendship Do in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
Having a high level of friendship with your Pokemon will increase how much EXP they gain from battles. Essentially, the more you play and talk to them, the better they’ll be in combat.
You should prioritize interacting with them via picnics as much as you can while you’re out exploring, as it will significantly improve their ability to fight.
Thursday 12th of January 2023
Thank you bc I want 2 evo Riolu