The latest Call of Duty is just around the corner and you can pre-load MW3 ahead of launch so that you’re able to hop in right away.
Fans of the COD franchise will no doubt have realized that the games seem to be getting bigger with every passing year.
Modern Warfare 3 is no exception, as it now brings the all-in-one ‘Call of Duty’ app to a staggering 234.9 GB on console.
So to help you jump in the moment MW3 goes live, be sure to pre-load!
How to Install Before Launch Day
To pre-load MW3 before it goes live on November 10, you’ll need to purchase the game digitally on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store, or via Steam or Battle.net.
Thankfully, pre-loading will be available on all platforms, rather than just consoles. PC players can rest easy knowing that they don’t have an eye-watering download to complete on release day.
As for just how large the install file will be, reports indicate that MW3 will take up over 200 GB of storage space, together with COD HQ.
However, once downloaded, players can use the Call of Duty application to manage or uninstall specific content they’re no longer using – such as the MW3 Campaign when you’re done with it.
Pre-loading went live on PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam on November 8 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM GMT.
Pre-loads are now live on Battle.net, Steam, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
PS4 & PS5
- Pre-order Modern Warfare 3 on the PlayStation Store
- Head to the MW3 Store page and select the countdown timer
- You’ll then be able to choose the PS4 or PS5 version of MW3 and hit OK
- This will ensure MW3 is automatically installed as soon as pre-loads are live
- Pre-order Modern Warfare 3 on the Xbox Store
- Then find MW3 in your library
- Select the game icon to download it
- If the MW3 icon doesn’t appear in your library, simply head to the MW3 Xbox Store page
- Then, find and download the game manually from there, as soon as pre-loads are live
- Download and Install the Battle.net application
- Pre-order MW3 on the Battle.net Store
- Then, find Call of Duty in your games list, click the downloads button in the top right, and you’ll see MW3 content installing
- Download and Install the Steam application
- Pre-order MW3 on the Steam Store
- Then, find and install the free Call of Duty application, if you don’t have it already
- This will automatically receive an update to pre-load MW3 on November 8
In all instances, you’ll be ready to drop into MW3 right away on launch day. But bear in mind that some users will get access to the game at different times!
Here’s a full breakdown of MW3 release times across on console and PC platforms!