Pokemon Scarlet & Violet allow gamers to play online and explore Paldea together by following a series of simple steps!
One of the most requested features in a Pokemon game is finally present in Scarlet and Violet: decent co-op multiplayer.
Fortunately, for those who are looking to share their Paldean adventures with friends and family, this option is available very early in the game.
Here is every step you need to take to play Pokemon Scarlet & Violet online co-op multiplayer!
- How to Play Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Online Co-Op
- How to Play Co-Op in Offline Mode
- How Do I Leave a Group and End an Online Multiplayer Session?
- What Can I Do While Playing Co-Op With Friends?
- What Are the Restrictions When Playing Multiplayer in Scarlet & Violet?
- How Many Players Can Co-op Together in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
How to Play Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Online Co-Op
In order to start an online session and play with friends in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, you need to use the Union Circle functionality from the Poke Portal Menu in Online Mode to form or join a group.
- To access the Poke Portal, press the “X” button and then select the option with the “A” button.
- Once in the Poke Portal, make sure you are connected to the Internet (Online Mode). You can see your current connection status in the upper right corner and connect by pressing “L” if needed.
- If you are connected, the status shows: Online Mode
- If you are not connected, the status reads: Offline Mode
- Once you are sure you are connected to the Internet, select “Union Circle.”
- Choose one of the following group options depending on what you want:
- If you want to join a friend’s session, choose “Join a group”
- If you want a friend to join your session, choose “Form a group”
- If you are joining a friend’s online Pokemon Scarlet and Violet play session:
- Ask the host of the session what the Link Code of the session is. This code is found on the lower left corner of the host’s screen.
- Enter the Link Code to enter the session. Now, all you have to do is wait for the host to start the session.
- If you are the one creating the group:
- Share the Link Code located on the lower left corner of your screen with every friend you want to co-op with.
- Wait for all the players to join and select “Set out together” to start the online co-op session in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet.
- Once the session starts, the host and players joining the online co-op session will be transported to the nearest Pokemon Center.
Now that you have friends to explore Paldea, it’s time to decide which story path you should take first in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet!
How to Play Co-Op in Offline Mode
To play locally with friends in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, all you need to do is use the Union Circle functionality from the Poke Portal Menu in Offline Mode to form or join a group.
Aside from the Offline Mode detail, every step to play with friends remains precisely the same as when you try to play co-op online.
How Do I Leave a Group and End an Online Multiplayer Session?
To disband or leave a group during a local or online multiplayer session, simply head to the Union Circle within the Poke Portal menu and choose to disband or leave the group.
- Press the “X” button and select “Poke Portal” with the “A” button.
- Once the Poke Portal screen loads, select “Union Circle”.
- Now, leave or disband the group by selecting:
- If you are the host, select “Disband your group”.
- If you are not the host, select “Leave your group”.
- Confirm you want to leave by selecting “Yes”.
What Can I Do While Playing Co-Op With Friends?
Gamers that are playing in the same online or local multiplayer session of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet can enjoy the following features together:
- Roam the Paldea region together
- Players can see each other location on the map
- Battle wild Pokemon – Players can battle Pokemon freely; however, not the same Pokemon
- Trade Pokemon
- Battle against each other
- Participate in Tera Raid Battles together
What Are the Restrictions When Playing Multiplayer in Scarlet & Violet?
Whenever playing co-op with friends online or locally, you will be limited to taking part in the following game modes just with the members that are in the multiplayer session:
- Link Battles
- Link Trades
- Tera Raid Battles
How Many Players Can Co-op Together in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
A total of four players can co-op and play together online or locally in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet. This includes one host and three additional players joining the session.