If you are looking to level up fast in MW2, we have you covered!
To unlock every weapon, perk, and kill streak in MW2, you will need to reach Rank 55. Ranking up can be a slow grind, but knowing the quickest ways to level up can get you there faster!
These methods will also help rank up your prestige once they are released each season!
- How to Level Up Faster in MW2
- Best Game Modes to Level Up Fast in MW2
- Using Double XP and Double Weapon XP to Level Up Fast in MW2
- Level Up Faster in MW2 by Completing Challenges
- All Ranks, Unlocks & XP Needed in MW2
How to Level Up Faster in MW2
You can level up fast in MW2 by using the following methods:
- Playing the objective-based game modes that yield more experience
- Using Double XP and Double Weapon XP Weekends and Rewards
- Completing Challenges
Best Game Modes to Level Up Fast in MW2
The best game modes to level up fast are objective based, including:
- Kill Confirmed
These modes grant XP for kills and also for completing the objectives, leading to faster leveling.
While these may be the best, they are not the only game modes in MW2 where you can earn lots of XP!
Using Double XP and Double Weapon XP to Level Up Fast in MW2
Taking advantage of Double XP is one of the best ways to level up! There are also quite a few methods to get Double XP in MW2.
Double XP Weekends
Throughout the game cycle of MW2, there will be plenty of Double XP weekends! Hopping onto the game during these periods will boost your level quicker!
Keep an eye out on Call of Duty’s social accounts to see if they announce a Double XP weekend!
MW2 Campaign Rewards
Completing MW2’s campaign will grant you Four Double XP and Five Double Weapon XP tokens. These tokens will boost the rate in which you earn XP meaning you will rank up quicker!
These tokens are granted in the following MW2 campaign missions:
- Double XP
- Wetwork – 30-Minute Token
- Close Air – 30-Minute Token
- El Sin Nombre – 1 Hour Token
- Hindsight – 1 Hour Token
- Double Weapon XP
- Tradecraft – 30-Minute Token
- Hardpoint – 30-Minute Token
- Dark Water – 1 Hour Token
- Ghost Team – 1 Hour Token
- Completing the Campaign – 1 Hour Token
Of course, there are a lot more rewards you can earn in MW2’s Campaign!
Mountain Dew MW2 Double XP Rewards
Another way to get Double XP rewards is through Mountain Dew’s and MW2’s collaboration. The following Mountain Dew products will provide you with Double XP:
- 16 Oz MTN DEW Game Fuel – Grants 15 minutes of Dual 2XP
- 20 Oz MTN DEW – Grants 30 minutes of Dual XP
- 12 Pack – Grants 60 minutes of Dual 2XP and 75 CoD Points
- 24 Pack – Grants 120 minutes of Dual 2XP and 150 CoD Points
You will also need to know how to redeem your Mountain Dew codes for MW2 Rewards!
Level Up Faster in MW2 by Completing Challenges
To level up faster, MW2 offers Daily and Career challenges. These challenges offer a ton of XP and will help you level up as quickly as possible.
These Daily Challenges are available in both Multiplayer and Spec Ops!
Daily Challenges in MW2 Multiplayer
Daily Challenges offers you thousands of XP every 24 hours. According to Call of Duty’s blog post on progression, there are three different sets of daily challenges in Multiplayer.
- A general challenge that may not require much change in playstyle (e.g., win a match in any mode, get 15 kills while aiming down sights).
- A weapon challenge that focuses on a specific weapon category (e.g., get 5 headshots with an SMG, get 5 Sniper Rifle kills)
- A special challenge that encourages exploration with specific Loadout features, such as a Field Upgrade or Perk (e.g., get 2 kills using Dead Silence, get a Drill Charge kill).
Once you have completed these challenges you will also be offered a chance to complete a bonus challenge for XP!
The bonus challenge will give you two challenges you can complete but you will only need to complete one to unlock the bonus XP.
Daily Challenges in MW2 Spec Ops
Spec Ops Daily Challenges will offer you thousands of XP and it refreshes every 24 hours. There are three different sets of Spec Ops Daily Challenges.
- The first Daily Challenge is generic, which means it can be completed in any mission (e.g., get 5 Melee kills).
- The second and third Daily Challenges can be generic (e.g., use a Field Upgrade 3 times) or mission-specific (e.g., destroy 4 vehicles in Denied Area), or co-operative specific (related to Special Ops Kits, for example).
The Bonus Challenge for Spec Ops is split into two, where you have a choice between one of two Mission challenges.
Career Challenges in MW2
Career Challenges are challenges with milestone steps, offering XP along the way to fully complete the challenge.
These challenges will include objectives you can complete naturally over time such as “Win X amount of Matches”. However, some may require you to switch up how you play by asking you to get kills with specific weapons.
Once you have used these tips, you may want to know how to unlock all the camos in MW2!
There are 180 camos in MW2 so you won’t be short of things to do once you reach max rank!
All Ranks, Unlocks & XP Needed in MW2
Here is every rank, unlock, and how much XP is needed to reach each rank!
The XP required is from Level 1 and not on a rank-to-rank basis!
|1||Challenges & Assault Default Class||0|
|2||Demolition Default Class||3,000|
|3||Sniper Default Class||6,500|
|5||Portable Radar (Field Upgrade) & PDSW 528 (SMG)||15,000|
|6||Counter UAV (Killstreak)||20,000|
|7||Drill Charge (Equipment) & SP-R 208 (Marksman Rifle)||25,500|
|8||Fast Hands (Perk) & Trophy System (Field Upgrade)||31,500|
|9||Cluster Mine (Killstreak) & Expedite 12 (Shotgun)||38,000|
|10||Smoke Grenade (Equipment)||45,000|
|11||Bomb Squad (Perk)||52,500|
|12||Tactical Camera (Field Upgrade)||60,500|
|13||Care Package (Killstreak) & .50 GS (Handgun)||69,000|
|14||High Alert (Perk) & Strela-P (Launcher)||78,000|
|15||Stun Grenade (Equipment)||87,500|
|16||Munitions Box (Field Upgrade) & Lachmann-762 (Battle Rifle)||97,500|
|17||Molotov Cocktail (Equipment) & Combat Knife (Melee)||108,000|
|18||Bomb Drone (Killstreak) & Extra Tactical (Perk)||119,000|
|19||Decoy Grenade (Equipment) & TAQ-56 (Assault Rifle)||130,500|
|20||Semtex (Equipment) & Anti-Armor Rounds (Field Upgrade)||142,500|
|22||Precision Airstrike (Killstreak)||168,000|
|23||C4 (Equipment) & Kastov 762 (Assault Rifle)||181,500|
|24||Battle Rage (Field Upgrade) & JOKR (Launcher)||195.500|
|25||Claymore (Equipment) & RAAL MG (LMG)||210,000|
|26||Scavenger (Perk) & Sentry Gun (Killstreak)||225,000|
|27||Chopper Gunner (Killstreak)||240,500|
|28||Cold Blooded (Perk) & Lockwood MK2 (Marksman Rifle)||256,500|
|30||Smoke Airdrop (Field Upgrade)||290,000|
|31||Resupply (Perk) & X12 (Handgun)||307,500|
|32||Wheelson-HS (Killstreak) & RPG-7 (Launcher)||325,600|
|33||Tear Gas (Equipment)||344,300|
|35||VTOL Jet (Killstreak)||383,500|
|36||Thermite (Equipment) & Lockwood 300 (Shotgun)||404,000|
|37||Battle Hardened (Perk) & Riot Shield (Melee)||425,100|
|38||DDOS (Field Upgrade) & Fennec 45 (SMG)||446,800|
|39||Tracker (Perk) & Basilisk (Handgun)||469,100|
|40||Heartbeat Sensor (Equipment) & Overwatch Helo (Killstreak)||492,000|
|41||Spotter (Perk) & STB 556 (Assault Rifle)||515,500|
|42||Emergency Airdrop (Killstreak)||539,700|
|43||Tactical Insertion (Field Upgrade)||564,600|
|44||Quick Fix (Perk) & Signal 50 (Sniper Rifle)||590,200|
|45||Loadout Drop (Field Upgrade) & Field Upgrade Pro (Feature)||616,500|
|46||Snapshot Grenade (Equipment)||643,500|
|49||Inflatable Decoy (Field Upgrade)||729,300|
|51||Advanced UAV (Killstreak) & Dead Silence (Field Upgrade)||790,500|
|53||Stealth Bomber (Killstreak)||855,300|
|54||Throwing Knife (Equipment)||889,200|
Once Season 1 arrives and you are level 55, you will be able to prestige! Check out our guide so you know everything to know about prestige in MW2!